Philly Steak Sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Philly Steak Sandwich

Just wanted to show you guys what a Philly Steak or Philly Cheesesteak looks like when you get one from one of hundreds of Pizza Joints, Steak Sammy Joints, and Bars within a 60 mile radius of Philly.

This one was from "Vito's" in Zionsville, PA, on Rt 100, about 3 miles from Macungie.

Weighs about 1 3/4 pounds & cost $8.
Currently my Favorite Steak Sammy.

Bear

This is now a 2 meal Sammy for the Bear:
IMG_2074.jpg

Love them... And that one looks awesome Bear! Provolone or Wiz? I like em both ways. Always long debate on which way is correct! B

Love them... And that one looks awesome Bear! Provolone or Wiz? I like em both ways. Always long debate on which way is correct! B

Thank You Brian!
Nobody North of Philly uses "Wiz".
Up here it's almost always Provolone on a Cheesesteak.
However this one has no Cheese at all.
This is a "Special Steak", which is Steak, Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Shrooms, Fried Onions, and a little Sauce.

Bear

Reactions: bdskelly
Looks mighty good Bear, Loose the shrooms and I eat it. We can't find anything that resembles that around my part of the country.

Chris

Thanks Guys!
These are one of my Weaknesses.
I'm good for about 2 of these a month, but sometimes we get them from Salvatore's.
That's in Macungie---About 3 miles in the other direction.

Bear

Strange how food prep can go the 2 of us could stand side by side using the same ingredients and the finish product would not taste the same.

Warren

Strange how food prep can go the 2 of us could stand side by side using the same ingredients and the finish product would not taste the same.

Warren

Like You, No "Wiz" here either. Only time I ever had it was at one of those 2 Phony tourist attractions in Philly, and I thought it tasted like "Tasteless Grease". In my opinion, those two places make the worst Cheesesteaks in or around Philly. (Geno's & Pats)

Bear

Yup for sure and I don't like anything but good old sharp cheddar in my max and cheese either. All though some times we add some pepper jack along with it just for a little kick.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky