Overdue Philly Cheesesteaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The sandwiches look good, nicely stuffed.
We had Chipped Steak Sandwiches last night. I made a variation on that Weber Steak Sandwich you have posted a few times.
My take was Chopped Lettuce, Tomato and Raw Onions in a bowl with a Splash of Viva Italian Salad Dressing, instead of Miracle Whip, not a Fan. The Salad got mixed with the hot Chipped Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions and melted Cooper Sharp American Cheese. This all went on 2 Steak Rolls, generously Schmeared with Hellman's Mayo. It was one Awesome set of Sandwiches! I doubt I will ever go back to Basic Cheese Steak Sandwiches again...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
Yours sounds good to me, as long as the Onions are Fried & everything is hot!!
Here we just cycle about 1 Weber to every two times Cheesesteaks.

Bear

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Yup . Was just talking about this subject with 2 of my sister's last week . They put it on the table , and you ate it no matter what .
If you didn't , the belt came off the Norge .
Forcing kids to eat is not a good thing . Now making them hungry enough to eat something one their own ,,,, that works .

Yup, but the good thing was that it educated Me & My 3 siblings to know it's not a good thing to do, and none of us ever did that to any of our Kids.

Bear

Bear, I'm not sure how I missed this, but Philly cheesesteak is a favorite and yours look great, but of course the fried onions would've been.....

The sandwiches look good, nicely stuffed.
We had Chipped Steak Sandwiches last night. I made a variation on that Weber Steak Sandwich you have posted a few times.
My take was Chopped Lettuce, Tomato and Raw Onions in a bowl with a Splash of Viva Italian Salad Dressing, instead of Miracle Whip, not a Fan. The Salad got mixed with the hot Chipped Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions and melted Cooper Sharp American Cheese. This all went on 2 Steak Rolls, generously Schmeared with Hellman's Mayo. It was one Awesome set of Sandwiches! I doubt I will ever go back to Basic Cheese Steak Sandwiches again...JJ
Chef, we're not fans of Miracle Whip, either. And the Hellman's? Nah, down here it's Duke's all day, every day. If you haven't had it, try it if you get a chance...

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Warren, HalfSmoked, sent me a jar of Duke's to try. It is very good but, where I grew up in NJ and now in N.W. PA, Hellman's is King. Duke's is not available locally. I use KEWPIE Japanese Mayo as well. It's more Tangy than Hellman's, somewhat similar to Duke's...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky