Philly cheesesteak Pizza (My First)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Philly cheesesteak Pizza (My First)

I often thought about making one of these, but I never got around to it.
Now that I did it, I can assure you I will be doing it again!
I’m going to do this without any extra Frills, and simply the Bear’s way—Hang On!!

First I start with a Mama Mary’s Pizza Crust, because nobody around here knows how to make Pizza Crust, and these Mama Mary’s are pretty darn good.
Then I spray the top surface with Avocado Oil & spread it around.
Next I cover the whole thing with Tallarico’s Pizza Sauce.
Then I browned the Chip Steak, and covered the whole thing with that.
Next I covered it with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, and Hot Pepper Rings on Top.
Then it was Ninja Time, so I preheated My Ninja Smart Grill to 390° & Dropped it in the Air Fryer Basket.
7 minutes later it was done to perfection.

Enjoy the Pics below,
Bear

Start with Mama Mary's Crust, Avocado Oil, Tallarico's Pizza Sauce:
IMG_8711.JPG

Cover with warm Browned Chipsteak:
IMG_8712.JPG

Then cover with Shredded Mozzarella & Hot Banana Pepper Rings:
IMG_8713.JPG

Then 7 minutes in My Ninja Grill @ 390°:
IMG_8714.JPG

Another View:
IMG_8715.JPG

One More Shot:
IMG_8716.JPG

Looks to me like a Hungry Bear has been nibbling at it already:
IMG_8718.JPG

Now that there is a good looking pizza John. Way to go.

Point for sure
Chris

That's a fine lookin' pie John, tho you're going to need some onions on there to call it a Philly! RAY

Last edited:
Alright bear, you got my attention sir. I've been contemplating a different type of "pizza" the past couple days and I think after reading this, I have it dialed in. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert

That looks delicious! And a great idea...kinda been thinking about a homemade pizza.

Ryan

That would be perfect for me, especially the peppers on top. I could imagine also using a nacho cheese sauce instead of pizza sauce for a Phily style pizza?

BTW where do you get the Talrico sauces and that crust Weiss's?

I wish I was there to share that pizza with you! It looks delicious & you like the same ingredients as we do!
Al

That's a nice looking Pizza, John. Great job, I've never thought of that as a Pizza, but makes good sense. I finally used my Ninja yesterday for the first time, made thick cut fries, and it worked perfectly and cooked faster than I thought. Now the fun begins, lol. Great job and write up.

That would be perfect for me, especially the peppers on top. I could imagine also using a nacho cheese sauce instead of pizza sauce for a Phily style pizza?

BTW where do you get the Talrico sauces and that crust Weiss's?

Thank You Cliff!!
And Thanks for the Like.
We get Tallarico's sauces at Weis & Giant Food Stores, but Walmart has it on their web site, and probably Amazon.
Their "Steak Sandwich sauce is the Best Ever!!
And Thanks for the Like.
Same with Mama Mary's.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
That's a fine lookin' pie John, tho you're going to need some onions on there to call it a Philly! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Onions are an option on a Philly Steak.
WE don't stock onions at the Den, because I'm allergic to their smell.
To me Raw onions smell like a person with really bad BO.
I love fried onions, but Mrs Bear would rather not have any, raw or fried.
So we only get an onion when I have a craving for fried onions.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Really looks good bear
Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Alright bear, you got my attention sir. I've been contemplating a different type of "pizza" the past couple days and I think after reading this, I have it dialed in. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
Yes it really was a Great tasting Pizza!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky