Overdue Philly Cheesesteaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Overdue Philly Cheesesteaks

It’s been too long since We had Cheesesteaks. We’re used to making our own now & then, but we also get them from a few local Bars & Steak Hoagie Joints in the area.
However we haven’t been to a restaurant or gotten any TOGO since the Pandemic started, back about 16 months ago.
So Mrs Bear tore the Chip-steak in pieces, and browned it in a Frying Pan.
I can’t stand on my feet too long, so I took over from there in putting my own together.
I’ll explain what went on from there in the Captions above each Picture below.

Note: I love Fried Onions on my Cheesesteaks, but We had none in stock.

Hope You enjoy the Views!!

Bear

Tallarico's Steak Sandwich Sauce, a pile of Chip Steak, and Some Banana Pepper Rings, on a pair of Small Steak Rolls:
IMG_7078.jpeg

First Night Melted some American Cheese on Top of a couple of small Cheesesteaks, plus a couple Pickle Chips on top:
IMG_7080.jpeg

Tallarico's Steak Sandwich Sauce and a pile of Chip Steak on one Small Steak Roll:
IMG_7081.jpeg

Second Night---Add some shredded Mozzarella & some Pepper Rings:
IMG_7082.jpeg

Melt the Cheese & ready to Eat:
IMG_7083.jpeg

Very nice Bear! Love me some cheese steaks made on the griddle. I just had one at JFK airport on Friday on the way to Raleigh, NC...I am sorry I did, it was nasty!

Looks delicious Bear! I haven't done a sammie like that in quite a while. I might need to look through the freezer when I get a chance to see what ingredients I can come up with

Looks great, John. Homemade cheesesteaks are always good. I've been thinking of trying one with Swiss. I've had with Provolone in the past, but the Mrs. only likes White American, so I'd have to sneak anything else, lol. Great job.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting John, Like! Don't imagine there was much room left for dessert after finishing those plates. RAY

Nice looking sammies you made Bear. My wife and were just talking about what to have for supper tonight. I'm gonna have to see what the grocer has in stock.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice looking sammichs. I could put away a couple of those with some steak fries and a cold beer.
Jim

LOVE me a Philly. I always liked doing them with the cheapest ground beef (the $3/lb, 73/27 tubes I lovingly refer to as "meat paste") and called them "Sloppy Phil's" until learning that a "chopped cheese" is already a thing in NYC.

I won't turn down one with any cheese, but my favorite by is using "EZ-Cheez" or whatever that spray cheese in a can is called (usually the much cheaper Aldi's knockoff)

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
Looks good! Homemade is way better!

Thank You Charlie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice Bear! Love me some cheese steaks made on the griddle. I just had one at JFK airport on Friday on the way to Raleigh, NC...I am sorry I did, it was nasty!

Thank You clifish!!
I never had one from JFK, but most Bars & Steak Joints within 50 miles of Philly are pretty good.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice but no onions? Dang better go to the store or get Jr. to do a home delivery.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
He would if I ask him. Our Pick-up day at "Giant" is every other Tuesday Morning.
I would only eat Fried onions on Cheesesteaks & Burgers, so they would spoil, unless I only get one or two at a time.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious Bear! I haven't done a sammie like that in quite a while. I might need to look through the freezer when I get a chance to see what ingredients I can come up with

Thank You PZ !!
And for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Charlie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You clifish!!
I never had one from JFK, but most Bars & Steak Joints within 50 miles of Philly are pretty good.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Believe me was not my first choice, it was out of desperation. Most of the steak joints around me are pretty good, I just can't stomach the $275++ bill for two that comes with it.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Looks great, John. Homemade cheesesteaks are always good. I've been thinking of trying one with Swiss. I've had with Provolone in the past, but the Mrs. only likes White American, so I'd have to sneak anything else, lol. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
My Favorite Cheese on a Cheesesteak is actually Provolone, but like Onions, we don't stock that. I only use Provolone on Cheesesteaks & Cheeseburgers, so it could go bad before it got used up. The only Cheese we stock in our fridge at all times is American & Shredded Mozzarella.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky