PayPal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
Just got emails that I have up graded here, bought a lifetime awhile back and didn't authorize any charges, who or how was I charged when I didn't approve it? need some answers PDQ

I don't have a PP account and it was ran as a 1 time deal but somebody held onto the card number and decided to charge me yesterday, showing a lifetime and a premier account now

Just got emails that I have up graded here, bought a lifetime awhile back and didn't authorize any charges, who or how was I charged when I didn't approve it? need some answers PDQ
Mike, I will look into this right away. I will also get your most recent payment refunded immediately.

Thank you for letting me know!

What's the difference between SMS Premier Member and Lifetime Premier ?
The duration of time the membership lasts and cost.

What's the difference between SMS Premier Member and Lifetime Premier ?
We support the forum by allowing networks to run paid ads. This means I can focus on the important stuff rather than how to pay the bills every month. But alas, ads are not fun for anyone. For this reason, we have setup a way for the ads to be turned off if you're willing to pay a small membership fee.

The regular premier memberships can be purchased at different time increments such as 1 month, 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year. These are recurring by default and give you ad free browsing as well as other perks such as being able to add links to your signature line.

Lifetime Premier is a 1-time payment that gives you all of these perks for life. A few weeks back, I slashed the prices in half temporarily so it's a pretty good deal right now.

You can see all of the options and purchase if you're so inclined at https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/account/upgrades

Still waiting on a reply I sent regarding a refund looks like I am SOL .

When I upgraded to lifetime, I went into Paypal and cancelled the recurring payments on the yearly. I probably would be same as you if I had not.

I'm not a user and it was a 1 time payment, was promised a refund but haven't seen it. Somebody kept my cc info and used it without permission.

• Sad
Reactions: clifish
Oh, you did the PP as a guest by CC way, so yeah, Jeff or Brian have to fix that.

Anybody else use a card to buy a 1 year subscript[on needs to find a way to block future charges against it imo.

over the years I have paid for a few members premium with a card and never had an issue. I’m sorry you had issues. I am confident there was a glitch or something and nothing intentional.

Last edited:
Still waiting on a reply I sent regarding a refund looks like I am SOL .
Mike… I am showing the payment has been refunded on my end as of June 15th.

When I issue a refund, I don’t generally send an extra email since PayPal sends out an email saying “you have been refunded“

Can you verify that the payment has not, in fact, been refunded to your card or bank account? If not, I will go to bat with PayPal for you.

While all of our subscriptions are recurring, I am always happy to cancel and/or refund with a simple request.

The only notification I got from them is that they wont charge me any more, no refund yet

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky