Pastrami from corned beef on the Smokin-It #3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree with dis 1, The navel cut is what I have had at Langers and it is more fatty like bacon. The steam is also the thing I am doing when wrapped in foil with water. The steam cooks the meat through without drying out. I think I'm about to go make a pastrami after talking about it. The whole family loves it and they want me to make one just for them, lots of work.

Dls1, that's almost the same words in what I read about Langer's.  But now I'm curious about steaming.  Your mention is the first I've heard of that.  Keep in mind though, I'm very much a newbie.

Just returned from town with a small corned beef and a couple packs of ribs.  I have a question but will ask in a new thread so as not to Hj this one.

Montreal Smoked Meat, which is better than :) -->, pastrami is always steamed.

The other essential thing for smoked meat or pastrami is a cutter. Always by hand, never by machine.

All vac packed:

Awesome 'strami, not too salty at all. My 9 year old said its his new favorite meal!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky