Pages reloading twice & very slow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am with Al to mush BS loading,I have a Lifetime Premiere,now I have Thermowork or AB Canucks Chicken Loading were the SMF Premiere memership add was
Total BS
What am I doing here scratches head

We'll double check our work here to ensure you're not getting ads served. Some times we have sponsors on the site and they buy ads, but even then, those shouldn't show to you. I'm sorry about that. I've been actively working on figuring out what could be the issue here. Thanks for being patient with me!

Same thing here ads showing up. For sure this is all getting old been 9 months now and there is still a ton of problems. You can have a baby in nine months. How long will this take????

Warren

Just noticed today even an ad on the carousel. ??????

I see you are list as a smoke blower maybe you should spend more time cooking then blowing smoke.

Warren

Same thing here ads showing up. For sure this is all getting old been 9 months now and there is still a ton of problems. You can have a baby in nine months. How long will this take????

Warren

I'm sorry this is frustrating. Last time I made a baby, it took me 9.5 months to "make one."

If you're seeing ads, the proper way to report a problem is to take a screenshot of where you see the ad, along with the URL of the page you're on. Without this information, we cannot validate if it's an ad or not.

The promotional item in the carousel is a promotion that our sponsors has up, ads are considered permanent and promote content OUTSIDE of SMF, and are confined within ad banners only. The promotion expires today so you won't see it anymore.

Just noticed today even an ad on the carousel. ??????

I see you are list as a smoke blower maybe you should spend more time cooking then blowing smoke.

Warren

Those are custom titles that are listed by user levels. If you decide that you'd like to give me helpful information like the above I have requested, I certainly can look into your requests.

After reviewing our site, we have determined that:

1. Lifetime Premier members do not see ads when logged in. If you get logged out for any reason, ads show up for logged out users. Please log back into your Lifetime Premier account to not see ads.

2. SMF Premier Members do not see ads when logged in. If you get logged out for any reason, ads show up for logged out users. Please log back into your SMF Premier Member account to not see ads.

3. Our carousel is used for promoting content, which is at the discretion of SMF to promote any content from our sponsors. These are not considered ads as they do not remain up for an extended period of time. The carousel is shown to all users.

For transparency, if you want to know if you're seeing an ad or not, please check out Xenforo's visual ad template of where they built in slots that we show ads: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/visual-list-of-ad-locations.1383/ - If you feel that you're seeing an ad in any of the spots in the visual ad, a report must be submitted to us with the following information:

4. A screenshot of SMF with where the ad is relative to the page. This means take a whole screenshot of your entire browser so we can find where the placement is visually.

5. The URL of where the ad shows up when you're browsing.

6. The information of your device you're using such as: are you using a PC or mobile? If so, is it Windows or OSX? Android or iPhone? What browser are you visiting us from? Chrome? Safari? FireFox?

Without #4 - 6 as submitted information, we cannot process your report.

One things for sure, there will always be issues that we need to fix. If anyone is looking for a perfect forum then SMF may not be the place to be. And when you find that perfect forum that has zero problems to fix, let me know, I may want to join it myself.

Steph and her team is here to help fix some of these problems as they arise and to help us gain sponsors so I'm not paying for everything out of pocket. I think it is reasonable to think that the forum should pay for itself.

This is where premier memberships come in, that is one way that we pay for the forum and I appreciate everyone who sees the benefit in that and participates but this does not mean that we need to be disrespectful and rude to the people who are trying to help us solve these problems.

We are limited by what the software allows us to do and therefore while we will not serve ads to premier members, if a forum sponsor pays to display a discount on products in the carousel, that may show up and I hope all of you can see the bigger picture here.

Meantime, report the problems you are having as requested (hopefully with the utmost respect) and they will be solved as quickly as possible.

Reactions: hellasteph
I'm wondering if it's browser related. I'm a moderator on a Ford forum. And we've been fighting some issues as well. Though not this particular one.

That's all well and good for people who understand computers I have no idea what your talking about. I am not a computer person as far as tech goes I'm a self taught old person. All I can tell you is I have windows 10 and use foxfire on a laptop. It is very flush-straightening when things don't work right.

Warren

That's all well and good for people who understand computers I have no idea what your talking about. I am not a computer person as far as tech goes I'm a self taught old person. All I can tell you is I have windows 10 and use foxfire on a laptop. It is very flush-straightening when things don't work right.

Warren

hellasteph thanks for he like.

Warren

Hi all, I went to the Windows store and tired on two Windows 10 computers using Chrome, and FireFox. I was unable to reproduce the reported issues on this thread, but I did notice a few things when I was using those computers.

1. They were relatively free of anti-virus, ad-blocking programs, or browser add-ons. This is important when we're using SMF since these programs and add-ons could interfere with the experience on the website. If you have these programs, please kindly whitelist SMF.

2. In Firefox, I noticed that the screen blinks and loads a bit funny when the "Tracking Protection" is turned on. Please note that this feature is on by default in FF. My screenshot here shows you how to turn it off:

00000710.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky