• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PA SMF *** Spring Gathering Cancelled

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I'm not Tour Capable, but I do enjoy the Double Smoke Sweet spread with Cream Cheese and rolled...JJ

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
A great idea IH but we will be tending our smokers. Maybe some of the ladies would be interested.
Would they be open on Saturday?

Warren

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
A great idea IH but we will be tending our smokers. Maybe some of the ladies would be interested.
Would they be open on Saturday?

Warren

It would be a Friday thing for who ever was there friday.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow Saturday is February 1st then comes March 1st then April 1st and here we are May 1st.
That looks like 3 months away to me.
Are you ready to gather and have a great weekend?

Warren

IH 1026

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2018
Less then 3 months to go. Giving serious considerations to what I'll be making for this event.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Less then 3 months to go. Giving serious considerations to what I'll be making for this event.
What do you need from us? Keep us updated.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Yea what Adam said we are here to help just let us know.

Warren

IH 1026

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2018
*****UPDATE*****

If you have a pop up tent or little canopy, bring it along if you have room. That's one item I am in short supply of. Also, bring chairs!!

Anyone that plans on cooking.. bring along your own cooking utensils and sharp knives. I'll have a few pair of tongs and spatulas, and a couple of knives to loan out if people forget, but I may not have enough for everyone.

If someone would like to take charge of Breakfast on Saturday morning, I'd appreciate it. Not sure what the head count will be, but I'll try to get a rough head count by Mid April.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Ok
I plan on bringing my 10 x 10 pop up and my 40" master built smoker I also have a small table. We will bring the plastic ware (forks knives and spoons 300 piece box) paper plates and cups do we need bowls?.
I will bring 2 turkey breast, material to make meatballs and chicken wings. Plan on bake beans.
I will bring 5 dozen eggs. Wife will most likely bake something ( pineapple bake most likely)
What else will the rest of you bring chime in Denny and Adam and anyone else that's planning on coming. Think you can make it Peachey?

Need paper towels foil pans
I will bring my blue box that has a lot of utensils in it to use.

Need something post it up .Warren

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I will be bringing some bologna to snack on I hope, just got a new stuffer. Bringing my mini wsm. Not sure what meat to cook yet. Wait, we need sides too. Hmmmm.....

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
I'm doing bake beans can do some other things too just waiting to see how many people and what others are bringing.

Warren

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Where are you we need to start hearing from you are you coming? Sunday is March 1st that means we are only 2 months away. Can't wait to meet some new people from the forum so put it in your plans to attend.

Warren

GATOR240

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be attending this spring.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Awe man Gator you in charge of the fried taters I got the eggs.

Warren

IH 1026

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2018
The third most important part of our Spring Gathering was handled today... I got us a porta pooper ordered.

IF you plan on attending SOUND OFF so I can start getting a head count.

Last edited:

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
What's the availability of electric? Dillon? Just 110 to hook my camper for lights.

Warren

IH 1026

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2018
100 Amp service coming from the barn. I also have a 8500W Honda Generator available if anyone needs it. I'll have you parked right beside the old milk house. I have about 4 or 5 good spots picked out for RV's and Campers that are very close to the barn. Please bring at least 1- 50' extension cord

If anyone wants to, they can bring a sleeping bag or blanket and sleep in one of the hay mows. I may end up doing just that.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow 2 months and we will be smelling the smoke in prep of Saturdays lunch and the big Saturday evening meal. ARE YOU going to miss it. Hope not lets us know are you coming?

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.