Overnight Pork Butt with Finishing Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
So I decided to do a pork butt for the weekend. My wife was nice enough to order me Jeff's rub and BBQ sauce and I got to use both. I have to say they were both great. Also, this is the first time I have used a finishing sauce on my pulled pork and it was outstanding. I cant believe I haven't been doing this already.

All rubbed down with Jeff's original rub.
IMG_1714.JPG

Whipped up a little injection. Stick and a half of butter, apple juice, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic.
IMG_1713 (1).JPG

Got it on the Traeger about midnight. Decided to let it run at 250.
IMG_1715.JPG

I let it run all night and didn't check it until about 8 AM. It was about 185 IT and looking good. I did not snap any pics until it was done about 11 AM. Probed super tender with an IT of 206.
IMG_1717.JPG

Final Product. I mixed up a finishing sauce of apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, cajun seasoning, and pepper. As previously mentioned, this was a difference maker!

IMG_1719.JPG

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
Man that bark looks perfect!! Jeff’s rub is money on that pork. His BBQ sauce I’ve made for friends and they rave over it. Nice cook!

Man that bark looks perfect!! Jeff’s rub is money on that pork. His BBQ sauce I’ve made for friends and they rave over it. Nice cook!
Thanks for the like. Yes the rub was on point. I ate a little with the BBQ sauce and it was great also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky