"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ron you beat me to it & I agree 100% on all the good laurel has shown to everyone new and old in the SMF family.Not only has she shown us some great smokes-she is always throwing in somthing she has learned from others giveing it a little tweek and reporting back on it.Congrats go out to you girl & I know you will make a great OTBS member!!

Bob - thank you for the kind words. You helped me throughout most of these smokes and it's been a real treat having you as a friend in the chat room. Hope to bring the honor to OTBS that is rightfully deserved, as you have demonstrated yourself.
smile.gif

Excellent nomination! She always seems very anxious to help others and welcomes a ton of people to this site every day! Her skills in the art of Q are continuously growing. I admire her dedication .
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

congrats laurel on nomination to OTBS, indeed belong in this caqtegory with your fine smokes, helpful advice. you will fit in well

After just over a year I feel like I've reach the point that I may humbly request entry into the OTBS. While I have no pictures to prove it my best smoke to date was this past weekend. I smoked 4 racks of BB's in a shorter, modified 3-2-1 method (4.5 hrs) at 225-235 in my WSM using (gasp) Kingsford with hickory bits manufactured in it and hickory wood chunks. It was the first time I felt like I was in complete control of everything (even though I know deep down I really wasn't) and the results and reviews were outstanding. Thank you for considering my application.

I know everyone wants to be an OTBS member but there are rules here is what I cut and pasted from Dutch's thread I suggest reading it all. Its under the "Messages for All Guests and Members" area
Here is the criteria that is looked at in in considering ones "application/nomination" to the Order-

The Nominee should
1- be a SMF member in good standing.
2- be active in the forums for at least 3 months.
3- knows and be able to demonstrate the art of the thin blue smoke by posting q-vue of a successful smoke.
4- willing to share tips and recipes.

There is more stuff there but this gives and idea

Congrats Sumosmoke on your rightly deserved nomination

i agree piney.............plus putting yourself up for nomination, is not, IMHO, the best way to become a OTBS member..........

you need to post q-views........as some of us say, no q-view.......it didn't happen.........
eek.gif

sharing recipes and tips and helping newbies, welcoming them.......showing them the ropes.............some members of the OTBS didn't get their membership till after a year of being here sharing............

Not trying to be a elitist here..........just kinda also help clarify what we feel is needed to become a member

You deserve it Laurel:-) I agree with all the other supporters!!

As father of twin girls, I found it very touching that your passion for smoke was inspired by your Dads cooking. Hopefully, he lives in you and maybe someday, my girls will want to play with fire too and I will be a able to smell the smoke!!

Steve

Wow-step away for a bit and this thread really takes off!! Must be that time of year again!!

Anyhoo, to take care of some long over due business-it is with great honor that I announce the induction of three very deserving individuals into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke;
Capt. Dan: OTBS #137
Smokin Steve: OTBS #138
travcoman:OTBS #139
These guys have gone out of their way to show how it's done here at SMF.

I acknowledge the nominations of bbq53chevpro (Andy) and Sumosmoke (Laurel) for membership into the OTBS. With the overwhelming support and numerious seconds that their nominations have recieved and having followed thier progress from mere noobies to accomplished pitmasters I have decided to induct them straightaway into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.
bb53chevpro: OTBS #140
Sumosmoke: OTBS #141

Please join me in welcoming the newest members into the circle of the Order.

congrats to all just "officially" recognized new members of OTBS, the OTBS members are in my opinion the foundation of this site. without them we mortals would still be flipping burgers over an open grill.... thanks to you all for the help and support i have recieved in the past few months. great job!!! and also i have to agree with wd and piney. you need to be recognized by the membersof OTBS to really truley have accomplished what needed to be done to enter into the brotherhood of the OTBS. just an opinion from a semi new member. again congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky