"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was sent to me in a pm-it belongs here for your comments.

I think ronp would make a great addition to the Knighthood! He does help alot of folks, especially the newbies. He is not afraid to smoke anything! I also believe he has alot of cooking experience , He has shown all of us that. I would like to second the nomination for ronp100343.
cool.gif

Can I third? or am I to new? .... Ron is very, very helpful and nice.. not to mention that he has SHOWN ALL OF US TO PAY IT FORWARD!! We should all be more like that, hazzah Ron!

You can but it really isn't necessary and it just makes this very long thread even longer. Any member of SMF can nominate or second but after that you can just send the person a PM to congratulate/support them.

Dutch will place them on the Squire's list after the nomination is seconded and then their participation as a Squire will be observed by Dutch over a period of time before he accepts him or her into the order.

Why not make a forum space for OTBS. Lock this thread, make it a sticky and open a new OTBS thread? Should make things easier and this thread won't crash/disappear.

Apparently it isn't clear. No there aren't room for snide remarks either. Fortunately, the vast majority of remarks aren't snide, they are complimentary which is good. The point I was trying to make, and I was trying to do it nicely and without sarcasm, was that the thread was getting too long. I addressed the positive comments specifically becuase I felt it could just be assumed that snide remarks weren't helpful on this thread or any other thread either.

At least one forum member here has had issues trying to open up the thread recently because of the vast size of it. I've addressed it before but I felt I needed to address it again. That's part of my job, as a moderator.

Hopefully it is clear now.

Bubba:

It would require much less "good work" if there were less snide comments.

I am temporaily locking the OTBS thread.

The thread shouldn't be a place for going off on tangents and taking away from the threads intended purpose which is to honor people who are helpful to other members and have achieved success in their smokes.

I will unlock it in a few days.

When I do, lets keep the comments related to the purpose stated above.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky