Old Guy In Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Charcoal beats pellet. Nuff said. LOL. Welcome to the site glad to have ya join the fun.

Chris

Reactions: JC in GB and PPG1
I have used charcoal with wood for most my life. I am a old guy myself. Recently bought a pellet. They are extremely easy to use but the smoke can be fairly milder. I have kind of got used to it trying to look at the smoke as more of a seasoning. The pellet does produce the best smoke rings for me. I just bought a Guru controller for my old charcoal smoker and firing it up this weekend. Want to see now how pellet compares to charcoal. I think I know the answer.

Welcome...One thing we got is PLENTY of us OLD GUYS! You're among your own.
And, if one of these guys can't answer your questions, they will refer you to or contact someone who can help!...JJ

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Just $.02 from a Old Guy that looked at both. The Rec Tec has been around a couple of years and is virtually bug and mod free. Control boards, fans and assorted parts die and have to be replaced, but they seem trouble free overall.
While I like the MB Gavity, as it gets hotter over a wider surface for searing lots of Steaks or Burgers at one time. From looking at reviews on YouTube, it seems there are a half dozen or so, mods that people are doing to get it right. I no longer have the physical ability to be messing with modifications. I need Good to Go out of the box. Personally, it is my plan and if you are leaning toward the MB may agree, I'm holding out until Spring to see if a Gen 2.0 comes out that is less needy...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky