NY Roast Heaven Tease……

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife wanted a NY Roast for Christmas Eve and this is what she picked out………
A55B90D2-22A3-40B0-AB84-E4D7A78C046D.jpeg

5.5 lbs of SRF Wagyu Black…… it’s currently dressed with salt and vac packed for a dry brine…..

Our local GS had a little typed sign that they had a limited supply at 24.99/lb…. She spied it and went to see the meat guy behind the counter……

The picture almost brought tears to my eyes…..

That is going to be sooo good!
We haven't talked about Christmas yet.
I was eyeing a standing rib roast the other day. Not as nice as yours, but the price is really good
I have high hopes the spiderweb marble is shouting at me!

We happened to go the our LGS because they had PR on sale……5.49/lb ($32 total) for this baby that will get smoked tomorrow……. Double R……. Had to have it too!!!
DD3DA196-EF9F-4830-BCED-3D3A4FF21DD2.jpeg

Wow, great looking piece of beef!! Should make a awesome Christmas meal!
Thanks thern! We are really looking forward to it for sure!!!

Looks incredible, Civil. Great scores all around. That Wagyu is talking to me lol. Looking forward to the finished products.

Both the PR and NY look awesome civil… you all will be eating good! BTW, do you have room at the table for an ol redneck? 😉

Very nice slab of beef, you will be eating good for sure!
I want to do filet mignon for xmas and I know our local butcher it will be just under $40/lb (they do only sell top notch stuff). But, I am hearing "rumors" my wife promised my daughter a top notch steak house dinner for her 21st. in January, that will be a 6-7+ $$ hundred for 5 for sure........not happy when I know I can make better French onion soup and steak at home!

You’re family will be eating like royalty. Very nice!
Yes Sir! The wife still knows how to surprise me after all these years!
Looks incredible, Civil. Great scores all around. That Wagyu is talking to me lol. Looking forward to the finished products.
Thanks MJB! It does have a language that insnares one’s sole for sure!
Both the PR and NY look awesome civil… you all will be eating good! BTW, do you have room at the table for an ol redneck? 😉
Thanks WHB! When you start smelling it up at your place you better get in the car cause it will go fast!!!
Very nice slab of beef, you will be eating good for sure!
I want to do filet mignon for xmas and I know our local butcher it will be just under $40/lb (they do only sell top notch stuff). But, I am hearing "rumors" my wife promised my daughter a top notch steak house dinner for her 21st. in January, that will be a 6-7+ $$ hundred for 5 for sure........not happy when I know I can make better French onion soup and steak at home!
Thanks clifish! We have gone out to a Prime steak house many times in the past for Christmas Eve, but as of late we splurge on a nice cut or two or three for the dinner price tag! The crazy thing is I looked online and the black NY are currently 70/lb on sale……. I think I need to have the wife go buy a lotto ticket!
That is awesome! You are set!
View attachment 651376
😂🤣😂 that’s some funny stuff!!!

Last edited:
But, I am hearing "rumors" my wife promised my daughter a top notch steak house dinner for her 21st. in January, that will be a 6-7+ $$ hundred for 5 for sure........not happy when I know I can make better French onion soup and steak at home!
OK I will stop complaining after you post $600+ for an evening out on dad!
Daughter wants a birthday meal at one of the fine dining restaurants in Disney World. It will run the three of us about $200 but is paid off the CC reward points.

Reactions: clifish
Daughter wants a birthday meal at one of the fine dining restaurants in Disney World. It will run the three of us about $200 but is paid off the CC reward points.
you win! welcome to NY!

Prime steak houses know how to depart your wallet from your pocket as they take your keys to park your car…….

What place in the parks? Over the years I think we have been to every fine dine place they have (including in the castle)! The California Grill at the top of the contemporary “was” sweet….. you get a killer view of the fireworks. This year is the 50th anniversary….. but they have recently just changed their menu to theme based with plant based stuff mixed in, many recent reviews are not favorable. Sad…..

The Canadian Le Cellier in EPCOT was also very good….the beer cheese and pretzel bread to die for (still on the menu). The recent reviews are still top notch and 1/4th the price!
you win! welcome to NY!
Oh it’s not just NY, I was out to a work function about two months ago and the tab (just for dinner not counting drinks) for 5 was more than 7….. glad I wasn’t paying the tab!
Wow! She’s a keeper.
Thanks Sven!
I normally not a fan of NY but that looks incredible!
Thanks Brian! In the past I’ve not been a real NY lover but over the past couple of years they have been near the top shelf for me….

Those are two absolutely GORGEOUS pieces of beef!! They'd be screaming my name, too...
Many thanks GS! Me in a meat section with Wagy around is a bad thing….. I hear lots of voices!
That's gonna be great . I think I'll get a prime rib out to thaw .
Oh it sure makes me forget about the cold….. the gasser wouldn’t even burn right last night….. had to grab a warm tank from the garage to get a decent fire….
Man both of this are going to make for awesome meals!
Thanks jcam!
I am ready and waiting. Either one of those will be tasty but the Wagyu is going to be
outrageous, Outrageous I say!
View attachment 651386View attachment 651386
Thanks but only Rib bone simmered Au Jus for the wagy! Believe it or not but the only place I like HR is mixed with Ketchup and Mayo for tots…… lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky