Not even trying today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TH-n-PA

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 28, 2022
South Central PA
I am having ongoing issues with my pellet smoker but I’m not even trying to figure them out today.
Heck, I’m even using pellets that probably have a bit of moisture in them now but I’m not throwing them out and my day is set-up to relax.

That will include babysitting this session, fixing some food on the BlackStone, a dip in the hot tub, 80’s music playing on the home surround sound, and a few adult beverages.

I wish you all a relaxing Sunday.
Cheers!
Travis

8D19FBD6-6FF7-46AD-BFC2-4E891EE5583A.jpeg

Nice rack-O-rib

008A5735-5FF4-4F8F-ABCE-856CF0B2CFAD.jpeg

Some nostalgic brew of my youth

43396B0E-065C-4B86-8507-B09F8A17C634.jpeg

Make it happen. Ribs look great, can’t wait to see the finish. Red Stripe is always a good summer choice.
I have gotten into craft beers for the last eight years but since getting my smoker I have started getting beers of my youth to start the smoke with.

I also used to wait until 5:00 PM to pop the first top bit that’s not possible when you fire the grill up at 7:00….😬

TH-n-PA TH-n-PA As the temp goes up,the quality of my beer goes down. AKA the more consumed, the less per serving i want to pay.🤣. How are the ribs coming?
I just wrapped them.

Doing 3-2-1 and not checking temp till the end.

Its a beautiful day in PA with 72* and 31%.
There won’t be many days like this with summer right around the corner.

Glad I did all my chores yesterday so I can appreciate today!

Cheers!

Excellent way to spend the afternoon. The only change I'd make is to switch from the 80s music to the 70's music. Other then that looks and sounds great.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: TH-n-PA
The ribs came out looking good and the meat was right but there wasn't any smoke.

I used a thick layer of yellow mustard for the first time.
Did this keep the smoke from getting to the meat?

E3E640FC-FC20-468C-AC6F-760E39E74B17.jpeg

Nice looking ribs! Sounds like you had a great day! I've never had issues with no smoke when using mustard. Maybe if you have some left try them today...maybe nose and taste blind yesterday from the smoke??

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw and TH-n-PA
Nice looking ribs! Sounds like you had a great day! I've never had issues with no smoke when using mustard. Maybe if you have some left try them today...maybe nose and taste blind yesterday from the smoke??

Ryan
I had a few left but I chunked them as I was leaving the next morning for a job.

Maybe next rack I will do half with mustard and half without for a taste test.

Cheers,
Travis

Looks like it was a great time! I’m thinking that’ll be my Father’s Day!!! If your pellets are having moisture issue I recommend microwaving for a few minutes then stirring and microwave for a few more. That always helps me!

Great looking ribs!

Reactions: TH-n-PA
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky