Not a fan of butter on my steak.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ammaturesmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 31, 2015
I know there are many that love this but I am no fan. Some consider it a trade secret of putting butter on a steak for the last finishing of a cooked steak. I consider it worthless. But we went to a steak house today. I ordered a bone-in rib eye. I specifically said no butter on the steak. She looked at me weird and said she never heard of that but I said oh yeah...their cooks will know. Well I got my steak and it was buttered. I said I want a new steak and no butter. They brought me another one and it was good. I then received a visit from the kitchen boss and he said he would appreciate it if I did not tell anyone they butter their steaks. I said it's no secret. He said they are trying to keep it as if it was. I laughed and said good luck with that.

Was it strait up butter or a compound butter?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky