• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

No wrap ribs and Brisket point

Big Glenn

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 27, 2018
We were planning to celebrate my wife's birthday Sunday but I needed to do most of the cooking Saturday. I had 4 racks of back ribs and a small brisket point from the freezer. Got them ready Saturday morning. 2 racks with Jeff's rub and 2 racks and the Point with Jeff's Texas rub.
IMG_0617.JPG

Got them on the Pit Boss gasser. Smoked with a mixture of apple and hickory. Here's how they looked when finished smoking
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG

put them in a cooler to rest for a few hours and then in to the fridge for the night. Took the out of the fridge Sunday afternoon and after glazing with Jeff's rub cut with a little vineger, then on to the grill to finis
IMG_0630.JPG

When everything was good and hot pulled them and served with baked potatoes and slaw.
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG

I have to say this was the first cook I have done that I said "damn this is good" A lot of credit has to go to Jeff's rubs, and I am finally learning to manage my smoker

Thanks for looking

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Excellent looking. Those ribs and brisket are done perfectly.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Awesome looking ribs & brisket!
Happy birthday to your wife!!
Al

Big Glenn

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 27, 2018
WOOO-HOOO I made the carousel. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I will pass the birthday wishes along to the wife.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Congrats on the carousel!! Very deserving as your food looks awesome!!

sky monkey

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Great looking meal! Point for you and Jeff :) Really great cook from the looks of it, I'm jealous

tomd8

Fire Starter
Joined May 21, 2018
Ribs and brisket look great. Making my mouth water and it's only 7:30am (LOL). I'm curious how different the ribs tasted between the 2 rubs? Great Job!

Big Glenn

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 27, 2018
Definatly liked the original rub better on the ribs. For my taste pork benefits from a little sweetness but there were no complaints.

PorkBones

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 25, 2019
That's a juicy looking brisket. Ribs look fantastic too. You got a nice color/bark on both!

Joined Jul 26, 2019
We were planning to celebrate my wife's birthday Sunday but I needed to do most of the cooking Saturday. I had 4 racks of back ribs and a small brisket point from the freezer. Got them ready Saturday morning. 2 racks with Jeff's rub and 2 racks and the Point with Jeff's Texas rub.View attachment 402948
Got them on the Pit Boss gasser. Smoked with a mixture of apple and hickory. Here's how they looked when finished smoking
View attachment 402950 View attachment 402951 View attachment 402949
put them in a cooler to rest for a few hours and then in to the fridge for the night. Took the out of the fridge Sunday afternoon and after glazing with Jeff's rub cut with a little vineger, then on to the grill to finisView attachment 402952

When everything was good and hot pulled them and served with baked potatoes and slaw.
View attachment 402953 View attachment 402954
I have to say this was the first cook I have done that I said "damn this is good" A lot of credit has to go to Jeff's rubs, and I am finally learning to manage my smoker

Thanks for looking

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks