No stall Butt!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by raptor700, Nov 28, 2010.

1. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

This is twice I have had a no-stall Butt! This is a 7½lb bone in

Marinated overnite with chicken stock,CBP, and sliced onion[​IMG]smoked at 250º for 7hrs, didn't foil( I wanted some bark) at the 7hr mark it was 198º so I foiled and into the cooler.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks good. I've heard that such a thing exists but haven't actually seen one yet.

3. raptor700

It's amazing, You always expect a stall and when they don't, it throws your timing (plating) schedule off!

speaking of plating, here is a pic sliced![​IMG]

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

That looks great, I usually get the biggest one I can find and usually cruise through it, I bought the smallest one I could find a few weeks ago and it was very stubborn.

5. I'd love to see my schedule thrown off in that direction. The other direction I have a good handle on. [​IMG]

Wish I hadn't seen that sliced pic, that looks reallly good right now. [​IMG]

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    for me that's about the top end range for poundage and the 9hrs is about right...............nice lookin slices!

7. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

the bark looks great

8. chefrob

az
    that's cuz it knew it was you!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  9. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking cook raptor!!   [​IMG][​IMG]First point was for the money shot and the second was for no stall.

Speaking of stalls, yesterday I thought my brother in law was gonna have a cow when his brisket actually dropped temp. OMG that was funny. Then he sat by the thermo and watched one degree at a time until it finished.

He's WEIRD.......Had me cook brisket and chicken with not even one thing on them, totally nekkid.

Raptor, I gotta say your pork looks fantastic!!

10. raptor700

Thanks Tom, It's humbling to get a great review from someone of your stature[​IMG]  I would love to see my brother in law sweat over a good smoke, But the only meat he gets is at the deli in the local market![​IMG]  God bless him!

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey Raptor

Looking good - I wish I could get one that did not stall . I think the fact that I do them at 225-250 makes them stall more than most but I really like the results. Nice looking bark for sure

12. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Great looking sliced butt Raptor!  Gotta love those quick cook butts! lol  [​IMG]

13. raptor700

Thanks Scarbelly, I've always tried to mop,spritz, etc. to get the best results. But this one I just let it smoke, no mop, spritz or anything. Just kept it low and slow, of course RIBZILLA™ did most of the work!

14. raptor700

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  15. chefrob

az
    that's how i do it.........

16. Twice...Teach me, oh wise one. You lucky dog you, nice lookin smoke!