No-smoke yet delicious beef pasta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
This is probably the first beef dish i made (that wasn't steak or roast). At least 15 years ago.

I got the recipe from a beef marketing agency site.

I normally make it with sirloin but i had some trimings from a whole tenderloin so why not treat ourselves.

Until some pink left

Beef set aside...Sundried tomatoes hydrated in hot water and onion cooked with some olive oil for 3 min

Add sliced zucchini

After another 2-3 min added chopped roma tomatoes (seeds and juice removed)

After 2 min toss with the meat and off the burner

Add pasta, rigatoni here, penne also works

Save some pasta water in case is too dry (wasn't here)

With just grated parmeggiano

Last edited:
Doc has me on a low carb diet, but man oh man, I'd bust it for a plate of that pasta! 
drool.gif

points1.png

Doc has me on a low carb diet, but man oh man, I'd bust it for a plate of that pasta!  :drool:  
points1.png
There is plenty of low carb components in that pan. My kids have a talent of navigating around the vegs and meat and only eat the tubes so i end up eating the good stuff. Even when using more pasta then i should (a whole 500g package here).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky