Nice Upgrade to the site Wednesday Afternoon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
I just got word that we have an upgrade coming to the site Wednesday.
  • Automatic resizing of pictures
  • BB code parsing
  • Threads started by X user
You asked for these things and it is obvious that Huddler is listening. We are testing these features now in a sandbox edition of the forum and it should go live sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

Sounds like several nice improvements
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

Man I can't wait to see what new changes are to come. Thanks Jeff

Awesome deal on the pic resize issue, its has always been fustrating to have to wait for a post to load due to super giant file size.

BB code is a code or form of markup language that vBulletin and some other bulletin boards use to format text, display images, etc. The parsing just means this piece of software (Huddler) will be able to look at the BB code and understand it so it can display it properly in HTML.

Here is a wiki that I found online that explains it a lot better if you are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Thanks Jeff - Now if we could just get some points back
icon_rolleyes.gif
  just sayin

Excellent, I only just recently figured out how to post pictures on the new site and the auto re-sizing will save me a step. Thanks for listening.

is ever one still using photobucket to post pics if not explain
I never used Photobucket---Never work right for me.

I used "TinyURL", until this platform changed. Since that I just use the "insert image" in this box.

Bear

I use photobucket still. I like that I can have one page with all the links ready to cut and paste, and the automatic resizing when I upload the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky