newbie to smoking from virginia

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by justin85, Nov 9, 2011.

1. justin85

justin85 Fire Starter

Hi I'm Justin from Grundy, Virginia. I'm young but I love to cook and I want to learn how to smoke.

2. big twig

big twig Smoking Fanatic

Welcome Justin! You came to the right place. There are a lot of people with tons of experience that will have you smoking in no time. Do you have a smoker yet or starting from complete scratch?

3. tiki guy

tiki guy Smoking Fanatic

Nice to see a few more Virginians  , Lots a good info here , don't be afraid to ask , read and post !

4. Welcome to SMF Justin. Glad to have you with us.

There are plenty of threads to read, plenty of pics to look at

and plenty of good people to answer all your questions here.

Have fun and....

Happy Smokin'

Mike

5. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, Justin!

Good luck and good smoking.

6. erodinamik

erodinamik Smoke Blower

Welcome.  This place is FULL of great info on anything you could ever want to know about smoking.  Browse around and learn as much as you can.

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

First off welcome Justin to SMF. You'll like this place for there are alot of folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. You will find alot of good recipes and techniques here also. so with all that said:

Welcome to your new Addiction

Believe meyou will learn alot from theses folks here. I would however recommend the 5-day E-Course it is a really good way to get started and it will give you alot of the basics.

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

9. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF !!

10. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi Justin'

you came to the right place to learn how to make some great Q

[​IMG]  to SMF

11. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Hey Justin, welcome aboard!

12. justin85

justin85 Fire Starter

I'm actualy looking for a smoker right now, but I can't decide what I want

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

13. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

I was stationed in Ft. Lee for years I love VA.

14. jmonty580

jmonty580 Fire Starter

Welcome, im new too but i've already gotten alot of good info from these guys.  Make sure you check in with people who have the same smoker as you too. They know all the known issues and can help you remedy quickly.
    I see your from Richmond, you eat at any of the local bbq spots?  Q Bbq is amazing if you dont already know about it.

15. tiki guy

tiki guy Smoking Fanatic

"Have I  eaten at any local spots ? "     HECK YEAH !       I have been here a year now ( moved back to the States from Mexico )  and I have found the local BBQ here is fantastic !     Buzz & Ned's  , Benny's  ,  and the one I just tried  I was VERY happy with was  The Halligan Bar  ... I was impressed  !

Now if ya have any suggestions   PLEASE tell  me !

I'll be smokin a couple a briskets this week -end for a Wedding ( ya can follow my Q-View  under Brisket help (please)  )  So if ya smell SUM-TIN Good in Da Richmond area ....That would be ME   !

16. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]   You found a great place to learn!

17. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG],Justin. I have a 'free Brinkman Smok n Pro you can have if you want to come to Ohio to get it[​IMG].

[​IMG]

Used 2 times and left outside , needs love and attention. Promises to do a decent job for her new owner[​IMG]

Have fun and...

18. justin85

justin85 Fire Starter

ohio is a long ways from virginia. lol  i wish i could though :(

19. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Family...JJ

20. justin85

justin85 Fire Starter

Thank you. :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011