Newbie Poster/Has Been Lurker from Norman, OK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingsection

Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
What's going on everyone?

Just thought I would use my first post to give a little background on myself.  Born and raised in NY but currently an Okie.  Caught the smoking bug a few years ago and as my wife would tell you, "it's been all downhill from there".  Smoking quickly progressed from a hobby to an addiction and has steadily picked time away from other hobbies (golf, woodworking, and sleep to name a few). 

My smoking addiction began with a Brinkman Bullet and proceeded to a New Braunfels Horizontal Offset (still own both).  However, recently I purchased a "broken" 30" MES and will begin the standard wiring fix in the near future.  I will undoubtedly be searching/seeking advice on electric smoker use in the coming weeks.  While I never plan to sell my charcoal smokers, I was looking for a possible "set it, and forget it" method for smoking under certain circumstances/conditions.

Thanks to all the members in this forum as you have been a smoking encyclopedia for me to peruse.  I appreciate all the advice and experience that has been provided to anyone that happens to stop by...I did and hopefully I'll be able to provide 1/100th of the knowledge that I have been fortunate to soak in.

Happy smoking!

Welcome to the SMF, good to know you're making use of all the great information here. Thanks for the introduction, I see you've made the transition much like many others at the SMF. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's"FREE" ...5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First welcome to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky