Newbie from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jeremy Klosowski

Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
I live in SE Michigan and have struggled with charcoal (wood chip) smokers for far too long. So I just went ahead and built my own, 40X40X48 Cedar Smokehouse! Its pretty amazing with 6 rods for hanging and 4 racks. Bottom is about 175 and top can get up to 300 if needed. My wife says, "I can't believe smoke in a box can make food taste so good". Ready to rock this season. If anyone knows a good site to buy: Apple, Cherry, Hickory let me know please. No chips, must be chunks or bigger.
IMG_1016.JPG

Last edited:
Nice smoke house, and welcome to the site.

Chris

Very nice. Can't wait to see some pics of food going in and out of that bad boy.

A wooden smokehouse is something I have wanted to build for a while but projects pile up much faster than time or materials seem to. :(

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky