New York Strip Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

audomatic

Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
Hey gang. Been awhile since I've last posted to the boards...but I'm in need of some advice. I've got a 12 pound prime CAB New York Strip Roast for the Daughters bday next weekend and will be throwing it in the Bradley at 250°. Ill probably have to cut it into 2, 6 pound pieces so it will fit on the racks (dang skinny box)! I plan on pulling at about 130° and letting it rest until 135° or so. My question is; rough estimate on how much time you guys think this might take? I'm thinking 15 minutes per pound which would result in about a 2 hour cook. Any thoughts, suggestions or stage advice?!?!

The rule of thumb I use is 30min per 1 inch of thickness. The thickness of the meat is a better indicator than the weight. A wide, thin cut will cook faster than a short, thick piece. Even if they are the same weight

Reactions: chilerelleno
The rule of thumb I use is 30min per 1 inch of thickness. The thickness of the meat is a better indicator than the weight. A wide, thin cut will cook faster than a short, thick piece. Even if they are the same weight
Great point!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky