New York Strip Steak and Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
This weekend in Texas is tax free weekend. I planned on taking the kids for shoes etc and thought I'd sneak in a few side trips like the !!GROCERY STORE!! - oh no!

Looking through the store adds I saw that Albertsons had bone in New York strip steaks for $4.99 a pound. Bingo, I found dinner. I paired the steaks with a chopped Asian salad kit. Steak and salad is one of my favorite meals.

Simple, some Montreal steak seasoning and a hot grill. Did them on the mastertouch, 3 minutes per side using Kingsford standard briquettes.

20230812_225430.jpg

20230812_200335.jpg

20230812_200206.jpg

20230812_195009.jpg

20230812_194600.jpg

The dobbies loved the bones!

Looks perfect... you nailed them! Have pics of the dobbies? Love them as much as I would one of those steaks!

Ryan

Reactions: philpom
Looks perfect... you nailed them! Have pics of the dobbies? Love them as much as I would one of those steaks!

Ryan
Sometimes I'm slow but here ya' go. We've had 3 Doberman pinchers over the years. Best dogs on planet earth. Black and tan is "Mr Boy", red and tan is Belle. Brother and sister, different litter. They are old now. He's 14 and she is 13. Extremely old for dobbies. I could go on and on about them. His ears never set and they look wind swept if you will. Mr Boy earned his name growing up, very assertive and proud. Belle has alway just wanted love. We call them velcro dogs, they always want to be physically up against us.

signal-2023-08-21-20-31-44-296.jpg

Sometimes I'm slow but here ya' go. We've had 3 Doberman pinchers over the years. Best dogs on planet earth. Black and tan is "Mr Boy", red and tan is Belle. Brother and sister, different litter. They are old now. He's 14 and she is 13. Extremely old for dobbies. I could go on and on about them. His ears never set and they look wind swept if you will. Mr Boy earned his name growing up, very assertive and proud. Belle has alway just wanted love. We call them velcro dogs, they always want to be physically up against us.

View attachment 674219
Beautiful dogs!

We have our 2nd Dobie now... 4 year old toddler lol. Had to put our first Dobie down at 12 years I believe.

20220104_201834.jpg

Kya... one ear took... she was a little hoodinee when she had her ears done. She has 9 siblings, her mom had every color, 1 blue, 1 white, reds, and blacks. Dad was white Dobie.

Thanks for the pics!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky