New Toy to Play with....Bowl Chopper!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
This thing is a BEAST! Must weigh 60-70#...easily...
IMG_20210120_160233.jpg

IMG_20210120_162937.jpg

Bringing the blades to my uncle to sharpen (he is a knife maker, has the know how) then after a good cleaning and sterilizing with sani star I will be making some mortadella!

Sweet. I have been waiting on a Hobart one cheap. Dont think it will ever happen.

Reactions: indaswamp
Silly question, what the heck is it? Lol

Think Food Processor on Steroids! It great to emulsify meat, but it an amazing Chopper. Couple of times a week i had to make a Hundred Pounds of Coleslaw. Thats 24 jumbo heads of Cabbage and 20 pounds of Carrots. NO WAY, that was going to be Hand Cut and Grated. In the Chef Biz, we call them Buffalo Choppers. Core and Halve the heads, two passes through the Blades and you got minced cabbage. Turns 2 hours of Hand Cutting into 20 minutes start to finish!

Oh, I did not buy it. It's on loan to me. It never gets used where it was at so I asked to borrow it in exchange for cleaning it up and a free blade sharpening. They said ,"Sure".

Bro your life just got way easier. Don't know if you have used a Buffalo Chopper before but with the time savings and high production volume, you'll be Shipping Mortadella and Hotdogs to friends in other States,😉😉...JJ

Bro your life just got way easier. Don't know if you have used a Buffalo Chopper before but with the time savings and high production volume, you'll be Shipping Mortadella and Hotdogs to friends in other States,😉😉...JJ
Place I am borrowing it from got the idea they would use a buffalo chopper to 'pull' pork butts....that didn't work out as well as they planned. Been sitting unused for 10+ years.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
This thing is a BEAST! Must weigh 60-70#...easily...
View attachment 481197
View attachment 481198
Bringing the blades to my uncle to sharpen (he is a knife maker, has the know how) then after a good cleaning and sterilizing with sani star I will be making some mortadella!
Oh I see. It's like a miniaturized version of the big commercial ones you see on Diners / Drive-Ins where the place makes their own sausage. VERY Cool!!

Place I am borrowing it from got the idea they would use a buffalo chopper to 'pull' pork butts....that didn't work out as well as they planned. Been sitting unused for 10+ years.

They would have been better off with a Hobart Stand or Floor Mixer. The slow paddle would break the meat nicely.
That Buffalo Chopper would just turn Butts into Baby Food! Yuk...JJ

Think Food Processor on Steroids! It great to emulsify meat, but it an amazing Chopper. Couple of times a week i had to make a Hundred Pounds of Coleslaw. Thats 24 jumbo heads of Cabbage and 20 pounds of Carrots. NO WAY, that was going to be Hand Cut and Grated. In the Chef Biz, we call them Buffalo Choppers. Core and Halve the heads, two passes through the Blades and you got minced cabbage. Turns 2 hours of Hand Cutting into 20 minutes start to finish!

Wow that is pretty impressive

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky