New Smoking toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ammaturesmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Everyone.....Introducing the Smoke Bomb by Gabby's Grills. I first did chicken breasts and the temps outside were 32 degrees. The temp inside stayed a consistent 270. I filled with regular charcoal and some chunks of hickory to 3/4 of the way up and then dumped a bunch of lit coals on top. Chicken was done about 3 hours. The unit was still cruising and maintaining the heat. The next cook was the next day. I decided to add another rack by modding my Weber rotisserie ring. I added some bolts for the rack to go on top and I bought a cheap charbroil grate from walmart and cut out the center grates section so it fit around the Smoke Bomb. I then went 3 racks of ribs and two tri-tips and still had more room in there but I didn't need it. It ran at 220 for 4 hours @ 28 degrees outside. and I added more coals for the last hour. I also ran some water pans on the charcoal grate next to the Smoke Bomb. Worked really well. Food tasted so dang good. This weekend I will be adding a middle grate section to fit even more ribs inside. I bet I can fit 9 racks of ribs.
upload_2019-1-24_9-10-24.png
upload_2019-1-24_9-11-21.png
upload_2019-1-24_9-12-12.png
upload_2019-1-24_9-13-32.png

Reactions: Tex1911
Oh please, not another thing to buy!!
I just ordered the Santa Maria attachment for my 22 about 10 minutes ago!
Your killing me!
But with all the smokers I already have I think I can pass on this one!
Al

Oh please, not another thing to buy!!
I just ordered the Santa Maria attachment for my 22 about 10 minutes ago!
Your killing me!
But with all the smokers I already have I think I can pass on this one!
Al
Well I plan on using this for ribs, small pork roasts, and smoked beef roasts only. the 4-5 hour thing is perfect with the amount of fuel is consumes makes this really great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky