New Smoker Y'all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KansasCityDan

Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
Howdy - I'm KC Dan, but I live in Denver. I just smoked some Baby Back Ribs with a Master that Santa brought me. They were a LITTLE dry, but NBD.

Question - Next week I'm doing a Pork Tenderloin, about 4 lbs. Do you think about 2 1/2 hours?

Also, I'm incorporating pears, with apple chips for smoke. I'm thinking brown sugar, ginger, thyme salt and pepper for the rub. Thoughts?

Kansas City Dan.

At 225* 2.5hrs is about right. I would pull it at 140 and let the carryover bring the rest of the way. Are you going to butterfly the loin and stuff it with pears? Apple wood will give it a nice mellow smoke flavor. I'm not big on BS for pork loin but that's me. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Chris.

As said above, the biggest thing with a loin is to not over cook it.
I pull mine at 138-140.
Good luck!
Al

Welcome Dan, I agree with the 140, I used to cook them to 145 and found that they werent as moist as I would like. Apple is also my choice for pork loin, I sometimes throw in a little cherry as well. Good luck and post some pics!

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky