New products from Kingsford

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pryor, OK WM has both in stock. I have not purchased or tried yet, but it seems they are quickly getting it out there in the stores for spring grilling.

I really liked the hickory infused charcoal but it was to $$ when I can just add my own wood, great for picking a bag up when away somewhere with a loaner grill, not sure either of the new offerings will entice me to buy, haven't found a bargain on the traditional holidays like years ago, I ran out sometime this past fall, found a deal on some Ridges I think for $5 a bag, 2-3 bags left will be down awhile after shoulder surgery so my outdoor cooking will be put on pause. Maybe this fall before I am in need.

Call me suspicious. Looks like another marketing ploy to me. Smaller bag for more denero. I think for briquettes, I'll stick to K-Pro from Costco and just use a little more or less for temp control and whatever wood chunk is appropriate. Don't mean to be a 'Debbie Downer', just my $.02.

Reactions: 801driver
Interesting. How can a briquette burn hotter or slower? So, the snake method will burn even slower?
From what I've seen on the High Heat, Kingsford add some sawdust to the mix. Sawdust would burn hotter than normal coals. Regarding the Low and Slow, I read somewhere back that some fillers will lower the overall burn rate and the heat (because they don't add any heat). In my totally unqualified opinion, based on these two things, I would say that the High Heat may matter if you need a few more degrees of heat over the same burn time. The Low and Slow is a gimmick, similar to just using less briquettes.

Pryor, OK WM has both in stock. I have not purchased or tried yet, but it seems they are quickly getting it out there in the stores for spring grilling.
opened and used part of my first bag with a mixed bed of B&B on a weber smoky Joe.
My preliminary observation is that the briquettes are "very small" when added to a bed of B&B.
It wasn't a fair trial, as I was just doing chicken thighs with a mixed bed of coals.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky