Anyone ever try Beaumont style beef links?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dustin Dorsey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2016
Burkburnett, Tx
I've been reading about these Beaumont style Beef links over the years. Here's a Texas Monthly article talking about them:

They are all beef, stuffed in beef casings and smoked. They are pretty heavy seasoned compared to the simply seasoned sausages that most Texans are familiar with. I was born in Beaumont but moved away when I was 8 or 9. I still have some family in the area that I would visit from time to time. I've never had them, though, but I'm very curious. These are usually found in black owned establishments like Patillo's. They look like they break pretty much every rule in the sausage book. Versions of them exist in Beaumont, Port Arthur, Houston, and Galveston. Some of them have switched to pork casings and lowered the fat. They are sometimes called "Grease bombs" or "Garlic Bombs." Because the beef casings are so tough they are usually eaten more like boudin by squeezing out the meat onto a cracker or what not.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had them. I may try making them, but I want to try them first.

I'm not a sausage maker. But, I like what I see in the article. If you try them let us know how it goes.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky