New guy from NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kyle273

Original poster
Dec 20, 2016
New Jersey
Figured after a few days of lurking, I should register and make an account.
Just got a MES30 yesterday and have spend the past few days lurking the site picking up tips and looking at recipes you guys have posted.
I figured I should try out my smoker right away and threw 5lbs of jerky in it this morning.
It seemed to turn out pretty decent, just a little on the salty side, but I'm sure it was from the brine that I used to soak overnight.
Can't wait to learn more things from this site. I have a 6lb pork shoulder in the freezer that I'm hoping to try out next week

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                              great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky