• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New guy from NJ

kyle273

Joined Dec 20, 2016
Figured after a few days of lurking, I should register and make an account.
Just got a MES30 yesterday and have spend the past few days lurking the site picking up tips and looking at recipes you guys have posted.
I figured I should try out my smoker right away and threw 5lbs of jerky in it this morning.
It seemed to turn out pretty decent, just a little on the salty side, but I'm sure it was from the brine that I used to soak overnight.
Can't wait to learn more things from this site. I have a 6lb pork shoulder in the freezer that I'm hoping to try out next week

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome aboard!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
Hey Jersey... I'm here in Jackson.. you picked the ranch gut forum to learn the ropes.. welcome to our addiction....

wimpy69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 4, 2014
Welcome from Lower Bucks on the Delaware River. Happy Holidays.

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
Right forum. ( sorry for the misspelling my iPhone is not really smart)

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                              great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

kyle273

Joined Dec 20, 2016
Thanks for the welcome! Started my second smoke this morning, a 7lb pork shoulder.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.