New Dude Here

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by kahonwes, Jul 2, 2007.

1. kahonwes

kahonwes Newbie

Well I'm a newbie on here, I'm your average back yard weekend smoker up here in Canada/NY State... I'm currently rebuilding a smoker out of an old used oil tank that I cut up, cleaned out and basically made into a rolling smoker.

I like smoking pork and turkey for friends and sometimes I do chicken wings with BBQ sauce just to give me something to eat during the 7 + hrs I spend smoking at times...

I look forward to learning more...

k - laters

2. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wecome to the SMF and here's wishing you plenty off fun, laughter, and good fires and food.

3. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF kahonwes! When you get a chance, sign up for Jeff's 5-day e-course... it is chocked full of great smokin' information! Be sure to ask questions, share your experiences and post pictures (refered to here as "Q-View") of your results...

Have fun!

4. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF kahonwes!!!

5. flagriller

flagriller Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome! People here are great.

6. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to smf. everything these guys said. also, be sure to sandblast the inside of that drum good(all the way to white metal). chemicals have a way of leaching into the pores of the metal.

7. desert smokin

desert smokin Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard. Great place to share and learn.

8. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. I know you will love it here with the other friendly folks. Please don't hesitate to share or ask questions.

9. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the SMF [​IMG]

10. watery eyes

watery eyes Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF!!!

Be sure to post us some pics of your smoker.

11. kahonwes

kahonwes Newbie

I burned out the inside of the tank twice, and plan on doing it again, not to mention lining the inside with high heat BBQ paint. And honestly when I got the tank it was so old and lined with rust, there wasnt even a hint of oil residue, so I think the 400 degree fire inside should eat out most of the residue...

k - I will post pics

12. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

just trying to help but for oil/petro chem - it would need a "heat wash" thats blue flame to 1200 degrees to make sure. not to tell you your business but i worked refineries & oil field for 20 years-nasty nasty stuff. i'd just be safe & go w/ a nw barrel. ultramag know how to hook you up w/ that. here's his profile http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...mber.php?u=658 i bet he has no prob. hooking you up.

13. skeeter

skeeter Smoke Blower OTBS Member

THAT"S IT wings for the weekend, and maybe some turkey drum sticks. What's that I feel, oh yea a meat buyin spree byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee