New Camp Chef Owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markadams

Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Peachtree City, GA
After smoking on a traditionaI stick burner for several years, just bought a Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 36" with side sear box.

For the experienced Camp Chef smokers, what is the best way to season the Woodwind?

I haven't yet explored the controls of the WiFi, so I have a lot to learn. Any other suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

I broke my Rec Teq in with a bunch of rear chicken quarters. Not sure about Camp Chef, but RT recommends a higher fat content meat for initial break in. You can't go wrong with chicken quarters. Have fun with the smoker, I went from a stick burner to pellet and it was a great change. I did notice cooking times were a bit different, though that is more from the pellet smokers ability to hold a pit temp exact for hours on end.

Make sure you post some pics of the first cook :emoji_astonished:

I have the same grill; but 24".
Here is the drill:
"BREAKING IN THE GRILL
We suggest turning the grill to 350F for 1⁄2 hour before cooking on the grill for the first time. This will burn off any manufacturing oils and cure the paint. Make sure to follow the instructions for filling the auger tube before breaking in the grill."
So, you need to read the Manual regarding filling the auger with pellets. Basically you fill the hopper with pellets, and then use the "FEED" setting to send the pellets to the burner. Hint: Pull the burner clean out lever to open the bottom of the burner. When you hear pellets going into the cup you will know that the process is complete.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky