New at this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesvoneps

Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
What's up everybody! My name is James and I am in Las Vegas Nevada. I am taking my first smoking adventure tomorrow I have a brinkmann smoker. I got 7lbs of ribs and a 2.6lb tri tip. I have never done this before and I don't wanna mess it up. If anybody can give me some pointers I would much appreciate it

Welcome James.

As for the ribs, I prefer using a 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 method. I decide which based on the speed they are cooking. As a first time, go with 3-2-1 and adjust in the future to your taste.

Cook at 225-250 three hours with smoke, wrap in foil, two hours no smoke needed cause wrapped they won't take any anyway, and finish unwrapped one hour. I always add some sauce when I unwrap, and let that carmalize during the last hour.

Always comes out perfect.

The tri tip I have never done myself, so I will let others with more knowledge weigh in on that.

Again welcome, and feel free to look into the 5 day e course. Here's the link

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

Mark

Thanks guys I'm about to start getting it ready here shortly I will post pics of my progress and the finished product!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky