• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need ideas

gene111

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2008
Got some leftover pork loin from christmas looking for some ideas how to use it other than just eat it as is!!!!

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I always out some in my wifes salads for lunch and she loves it. Now pork loin is one of those hard to figure leftovers. Now you could slice it thin and then add some bbq sauce for sammies. then you could dice it small and add it to some potatoes and onions and greeen peppers and then fry it up and add an egg to it and call it pork hash. Hey I grasping at straws here. But I did do the later with my wife's breakfast with some prime ribs that was leftover.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Sky's the limit: burritos, casserol, BBQ pockets (like a pizza pocket), sandwiches, soup, stirfry, omletts, chili, nachos, enchiladas,.... and on, and on, and on.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
quick and simple fajitas....onions, bell peppers, sliver sliced pork, tortillas, cheese and some hot sauce..  this is what i do with 90% of my left overs

Last edited:

rio_grande

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 4, 2009
My favorite to date is wife taking the leftover pork and making Nachos and enchladas, Man they are good. Otherwise it gets frozen. You coulld make chilie like I did out of my leftover brisket?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It all sounds good to me. It's cold outside so the chili sounds really good.

cole

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 7, 2010
How about some green chilli pork enchiladas.  Season the pork with some taco seasoning, wrap in tortillas, cover with green chilli sauce, top with cheddar, cover and bake.  Uncover and finish by browning the cheese.

gene111

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2008
They all sound good now i have another delima which one to try 1st!!!!!!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
They all sound good now i have another delima which one to try 1st!!!!!!

You will find that this is a common dellima for all of us here at SMF.... the must try recipe lists just keeps getting longer, and longer.... lol

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.