Need ideas for Saturday smoke. What's your go to recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Binford 6100

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
Mother and father in law are coming on Saturday for cards and dinner.
Any one have any good ideas for a maximun 6 hour smoke. What's your go to, "in a pinch" so to speak smoking recipe?
I am open to anything that I can start at 7am and eat at 2-3pm.

Thanks..
And go.

I just did a pork loin injected with Tony's butter . I did sliders , but you could use hamburger buns . It was fantastic .

Reactions: Binford 6100
I do boneless, skinless chicken thighs, hot n fast.

Since I'm on the West Coast, Tri Tips are easily done in as little as 2-3 hours, or 6-7 depending on chamber temp.

Meat Loaf. Done in 2-3 hours.

Meat balls. Done is less time, and can be served in sandwich rolls. If you have sauce, peppers, and onions....yum.

Sausages/brats. Smoked low n slow are always crowd pleasers.

Pork tenderloins, or if a larger group, a pork loin. It is SOOOOO flexible with just about any flavor you can imagine from fruity to herbaceous.

1 Pork Tenderloin
For Marinade
1/2c Apple Juice
1/2c Italian Dressing
1/2 can Sprite
1/4c Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper
Let marinade overnight
For Raspberry Glaze
1 tbn butter
1/2 cup of chopped roasted peppers
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 tbs raspberry preserves
1 clove of garlic

For Raspberry Glaze: Melt butter in a saucepan. Add everything else and stir well. Let it come to a boil then turn off heat. I make this ahead of time and refrigerated it until serving time. I just heated it up right before serving. Also the last 20-30 mins or so I mop some on top of the pork

Smoking
Smoke at 200-225 using fruit wood for about an hour Internal temperature pull out at 140-142 the temp rise will bring it to 145 I believe it will take about 2-3 hours depending on your loin

Remove, cover, and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Drizzle raspberry glaze on top.

atomic buffalo turds go really well with it too, If you make some be sure to double your raspberry glaze as ABT are good to dip in it.

A good fatty or two - especially if they've never experienced one before.

Chris

Don't overlook meatloaf! Just keep it elevated in the pan, or have some way for it to drain so it isn't swimming in grease

Great idea guys!

Short of looking through all of chilerelleno chilerelleno recipes,
So far the one that really sticks out to me is the raspberry pork tenderloin.

I know some abt will be happing as my pepper plants are booming.
I really like the idea of the raspberry glaze for dipping sauce for the abt's

I haven't done meatloaf of meatballs on my smoker yet. So I'm pretty intrigued by that option.

Attachments

• 6898.jpeg
    6898.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 4
Some great ideas here and it would depend how much you want to impress your in laws. :rolleyes: :D

Warren

Hahaha! I am not really trying to impress them. But they are used to a elevated dish when I cook. I typically trying to cook some good when they come. I don't think they expect it, but I know my father in law surely enjoys it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky