• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Need help Setting up cure fridge

mr crab

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 28, 2014
I have a brand new 3.2cu.ft. thermo electric mini fridge. It is holding a pretty steady temp of 50deg. I was thinking about trying my first project (lonzino) by just adding an Eva dry dessicant pack. Anyone try a simple setup like this? Or should I just go ahead and get an inkbird with humidity control and an electric dehumidifier?

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 12, 2019
I would buy a cheap cut and give it a shot, like maybe buy one get one free deal.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
A pan of distilled water with the appropriate salt, will hold humidity fairly constant..
Salt will hold at about 76% Rh... I would use a coarse rock salt..... For Great charcuterie, around 80% Rh is the target and +/- 4 months to finish the process.. Temp+/- 55F is the target also...

Humidity Chart 1 001.jpg

Lonzinomaker

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 8, 2018
I used a salt bath like Daveomak for several of my first Lonzino. My first mistake was to dry to fast. You want to let moisture move from center of meat to outside. If it dries to fast you will get a hard rind and center won't dry.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.