My Wife's Pizza Dough Recipe For Ya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
I was asked by a few members for our pizza dough recipe.She made it in her bread machine,but said you don't have to do it that way.

PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE..  MAKES 1 LARGE CRUST

3 TSP. ACTIVE DRY YEAST

2 TBL.SUGAR

3 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR

1 TSP. TABLE SALT

2 TSP. OLIVE OIL

1 CUP WARM WATER

IF USING BREAD MACHINE:    

PUT ALL INGREDIENTS IN BREAD MACHINE.USE DOUGH CYCLE 

AFTER DOUGH CYCLE IS FINISHED  REMOVE DOUGH  AND PUNCH IT ONCE TO REMOVE AIR

PLACE IN GREASED BOWL AND COVER WITH TOWEL

LET RISE FOR 30-40 MIN. THEN USE.

NON BREAD MACHINE:

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN BOWL TURN DOUGH ON LIGHTLY FLOURED SURFACE

KNEAD FOR 6-8 MINS. UNTILL SMOOTH

PLACE IN GREASED BOWL AND COVER WITH TOWEL

LET RISE UNTILL THE DOUGH DOUBLES IN SIZE...ABOUT A HOUR

PUNCH ONCE TO RELEASE AIR

PLACE DOUGH BACK IN GREASED BOWL 30-40 MIN

THEN USE

make your pizza and bake at 425 for 20 mins. or untill golden brown and the bottom is crunchy!!!

There ya go guy's my wife makes this dough all the time when we make pizza or calzones.I hace even done a pizza in the smoker with it,but you have to run your temps pretty high.The last one i did my temps were about 325 in my charcoal smoker.If you have any questions you can pm me or respond to this link.Thanks for looking---LES

Thanks Les, I will try this next time I make pizza.....
beercheer.gif

icon_cool.gif

Thanks there Les. I'd like to make my own pizza dough. It's hard to pass up the dough that I get from Publix (big food store chain) for only a couple bucks. I really do like making as much of our food from scatch. To me it just taste better when it's made with my hands. Then I can make it as spicey as I want to.

Your all welcome. yeah mballi your right about making it your self it does taste better, you could add some seasonings to the dough for more flavor.We tried some red pepper flake and garlic one time and it was awesome!!! Ya just have to add a little more water when you add extra items..not much maybe a teaspoon..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky