My "Outdoor" Kitchen Tour

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
simply incredible. I guess that's how I'd imagine heaven!
Kinda' funny, when I saw just the first pic, I thought it was a doll house and you were gonna' brag about your table saw!
I'm just hoping for an outdoor sink before I have to move to the Rest Home. :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: SCBBQ
Thanks guys - more to come next week.

Here are a few more components.

I've got a salamander, or broiler. It's supposed to get 1800 degrees but I've only measured it to around 1400. Still, it's basically what Ruth's Chris uses for steaks. It adjusts up and down around 8 inches which dramatically changes temperature under the gas refractory tiles. It pulls out as well, making it easy to rotate a pan or remove something under high heat.

IMG_5596.jpeg

This does well for cheese melting. Many times I'll put a pan of baked potatoes loaded, and melt the cheese on top in seconds.

It also does good for baking sauces in. I'll dip chicken in sauce, already cooked, and finish it under the salamander. It will burn in a sauce nicely, and It keeps the grill and pans cleaner not having sauce all over it.

IMG_5597.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 4.48.56 PM.png

Scanned my 100,000 pictures and this is the only one I could find.. It works so fast, taking a picture isn't really on my mind.

Reactions: bill1
Kitchen island is made by Hestan in LA. I loved configuring it and designing it's layout. You never have enough room or counter space. I did put cut outs for trash and scraps in the counter, which are what those square holes are. There's a trash can underneath all of those.

IMG_5611.jpeg

Here are a few more components.

I've got a salamander, or broiler. It's supposed to get 1800 degrees but I've only measured it to around 1400. Still, it's basically what Ruth's Chris uses for steaks. It adjusts up and down around 8 inches which dramatically changes temperature under the gas refractory tiles. It pulls out as well, making it easy to rotate a pan or remove something under high heat.

View attachment 644051
That salamander is a beautiful thing!!!!!

PS the wok tooooo!

The Wok is a PF Chang's spec wok - 110,000 BTU 'jet ' burner. It wounds like a jet.

It's positioned in a water bath configuration. You turn on the valve on the face and water cascades down the front of the rear stainless, into the basin the wok is sitting in. This makes clean up easy as you simply unscrew the plug and the water goes down the drain.

Honestly rarely use this feature, but if I was using the wok often it would really come in handy.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 8.38.07 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: civilsmoker
Mostly use for sautéed veggies but every now and again , use it for reductions and fast boil downs.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 9.17.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 9.18.02 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky