My new slicer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by outback32, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Well I've been looking for a slicer for awhile. I came across this it's a older berkel 829 12 inch slicer. I paid 50.00 for it. I've got 100.00 in it total. I think I got a pretty good deal on it.

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Yeah you did good! You could triple that in minutes around here...JJ

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

You sure did, they make a very good slicer.

Al

4. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice score!

5. smokesontuesday

smokesontuesday Smoking Fanatic

Heck of a score. JJ is right about tripling that.

6. lancer

lancer Smoking Fanatic

Good deal!  I hope it works a good as it looks.  You'll never want to be without one again.

Lance

7. mowin

mowin Master of the Pit

How can you sleep at night knowing you stole the thing?

To ease your conscious, ship it to me and I'll put it to good use.:biggrin:

8. Thanks guys I wish it had a sharpener on it. It needs the blade sharpened bad.I used it to slice some cheese and some of bearcarvers Canadian bacon. It worked ok but needs to be sharper

9. betaboy

betaboy Meat Mopper

Nice! I've been thinking about one of these and I have to ask... Are these a pain to clean, or is it pretty quick and easy?

10. Mine is easy to clean not bad at all. Like others have said get one with a sharpener. These are heavy-duty and will probably out last us.

11. betaboy

betaboy Meat Mopper

Good to know. If it's a small(er) amount of food, sometimes tools take longer to clean than it takes to use them. I'm the dish washer of the house so.... [​IMG]