• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first go at Venison Dried Beef !!!

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Hey all, trying my first go round with Venison Dried Beef ! A huge thanks to Adam (c farmer) for putting up with all my questions on this process.... Thanks a bunch man ! Also a shout out to Bear for getting some of us into this curing thing, Thanks Bear !

Sooo, here we go with the process......

Gettin ready !

Thanks for lookin all...

Thread will be updated thru the process !

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
:popcorn. :beercheer:

You got this.

bertman

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 27, 2013
You have no idea how captivated I am. This is on my to-do list.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
I shall watch this thread, impatiently awaiting the results!

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
Keep us posted  as it looks quite interesting !

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
You have no idea how captivated I am. This is on my to-do list.
Thanks bertman, I have wanted to do this for a while.... First I needed the venison, then had some good help getting this started ! Appreciate ya dropping a line !

smokinvegasbaby

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 23, 2013
Thanks bertman, I have wanted to do this for a while.... First I needed the venison, then had some good help getting this started ! Appreciate ya dropping a line !
WOW Bro J.....I want to be like you when I grow up - this is going to be interesting to watch how it all turns out.  I'm watching...........

Sis J

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I know how it will turn out. GREAT.

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013

WOW Bro J.....I want to be like you when I grow up - this is going to be interesting to watch how it all turns out.  I'm watching...........

Sis J
Haha, you don't wanna be like me Sis J.... Lol. I'll never grow up, ask Nicole ! Had a bunch of help from Adam on this, so I know it's gonna be good ! Thanks for dropping a line !

Take care my friend,

:beercheer:

Bro J

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Ten day wait? Oh geezzzzzz!!! Guess I'll have a beer or two until then!
Haha, thanks Case.... Yep, 10 days at least..... Is a beer or two in 10 days enough ? If so your stronger than I'am when it comes to brewsky.... I had 4 curing it last nite ! :biggrin:

snorkelinggirl

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 15, 2012
Hey Justin,

Looks like you are off to a great start!  I really enjoyed Adam's thread as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes for you.  My husband is at deer camp right now.  Don't know if he's gotten a deer or not, as he is out of cell phone range, but if he brings a deer home I'll be trying out Adam's recipe as well.  I'm excited to watch your progress on this!

Clarissa

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great start Justin!!

You're gonna love that stuff.

If anybody gets a deer & can't wait the 10 days to see what to do, they can go to my Step by Step on "Venison Dried Beef".

Smoked Venison Dried Beef         

Be back for some Drooling, Justin!!

Bear

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.