My first go at Venison Dried Beef !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

All done, was thinkin of vac packin but don't think it's gonna last that long ! :biggrin:

A shout out to Adam (c farmer) & Bear for the help !

Tried some on the dryer side like Adam done & some more moist like Bear does.... I honestly like both ways !

This was a blast to do, started Dec 9th & ended today.... Will for sure be doing this again....

I did get a slicer for Christmas, nice addition to the Q arsenal !

Thanks for lookin all !

:beercheer:

Nice Job, Justin!!
icon14.gif

Looks Great !!
drool.gif

I like to slice mine thinner for Sammies, but the way you sliced it makes awesome gnawing on snacks. Better than Jerky!! IMO

Bear

Nice Job, Justin!!Thumbs Up

Looks Great !!:drool

I like to slice mine thinner for Sammies, but the way you sliced it makes awesome gnawing on snacks. Better than Jerky!! IMO

Bear

Thanks a bunch Bear ! There's a little of the thinner stuff on the bottom.... I got a little carried away with the new slicer, just sawing away ! :biggrin:

This stuff is great ! Thumbs Up

I have three fresh whitetail in the freezer. Was going to grind it all but now thinking I will section out the muscles in the hams and try this.

Enjoyed the thread with all the pics and references to Adam's and Bear's threads.  Definitely going to keep this in mind for a deer down the road.

I have three fresh whitetail in the freezer. Was going to grind it all but now thinking I will section out the muscles in the hams and try this.

I would not hesitate doing this, it takes time.... But sure is worth it ! I know it won't be my last time making it !

Enjoyed the thread with all the pics and references to Adam's and Bear's threads.  Definitely going to keep this in mind for a deer down the road.

Me and Bear starts off the same but I really dry mine out.

Both ways are great.

All done, was thinkin of vac packin but don't think it's gonna last that long !
biggrin.gif

A shout out to Adam (c farmer) & Bear for the help !

Tried some on the dryer side like Adam done & some more moist like Bear does.... I honestly like both ways !

This was a blast to do, started Dec 9th & ended today.... Will for sure be doing this again....

I did get a slicer for Christmas, nice addition to the Q arsenal !

Thanks for lookin all !

beercheer.gif
WOW Bro J - your dried venison looks amazing.  Glad Santa brought you a new slicer for Christmas!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky