My first go at Venison Dried Beef !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, trying my first go round with Venison Dried Beef ! A huge thanks to Adam (c farmer) for putting up with all my questions on this process.... Thanks a bunch man ! Also a shout out to Bear for getting some of us into this curing thing, Thanks Bear !

Sooo, here we go with the process......

Gettin ready !

Thanks for lookin all...

Thread will be updated thru the process !

Last edited:
You have no idea how captivated I am. This is on my to-do list.

Thanks bertman, I have wanted to do this for a while.... First I needed the venison, then had some good help getting this started ! Appreciate ya dropping a line !

Thanks bertman, I have wanted to do this for a while.... First I needed the venison, then had some good help getting this started ! Appreciate ya dropping a line !

WOW Bro J.....I want to be like you when I grow up - this is going to be interesting to watch how it all turns out.  I'm watching...........

Sis J

Haha, you don't wanna be like me Sis J.... Lol. I'll never grow up, ask Nicole ! Had a bunch of help from Adam on this, so I know it's gonna be good ! Thanks for dropping a line !

Take care my friend,

:beercheer:

Bro J

Ten day wait? Oh geezzzzzz!!! Guess I'll have a beer or two until then!

Haha, thanks Case.... Yep, 10 days at least..... Is a beer or two in 10 days enough ? If so your stronger than I'am when it comes to brewsky.... I had 4 curing it last nite ! :biggrin:

Hey Justin,

Looks like you are off to a great start!  I really enjoyed Adam's thread as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes for you.  My husband is at deer camp right now.  Don't know if he's gotten a deer or not, as he is out of cell phone range, but if he brings a deer home I'll be trying out Adam's recipe as well.  I'm excited to watch your progress on this!

Clarissa

Great start Justin!!
icon14.gif

You're gonna love that stuff.
drool.gif

If anybody gets a deer & can't wait the 10 days to see what to do, they can go to my Step by Step on "Venison Dried Beef".

Smoked Venison Dried Beef         

Be back for some Drooling, Justin!!

popcorn.gif

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky