My 1st Real Brisket Finished: Finally

Discussion in 'Beef' started by silverwolf636, Nov 22, 2010.

1. silverwolf636

silverwolf636 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Here's a pic of my finished product brisket.

After figuring out that I outside thermo went bad it finally got finished. It was a success lookin beyond the problems I had. It was tender, moist and very tasty.

I'm thinkin the only thing I would change is adding more of a bite/heat to it. It was just a little, just a little, sweet for me.

[​IMG]

--ray--

(0||||0)

2. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Say Wolf, congrats on a great looking hunk of Q. It's all good my friend.

3. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great lookin brisky there Ray,Glad it worked out in the end!

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

great looking brisket Ray...

5. Looks good from here, nice ring!

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great Ray!

Smells good too. The wind must have been coming due East while you were smoking that Brisky!

Bear

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Ray, it looks great as all your smoke jobs. Great ring on that brisket. [​IMG]

8. silverwolf636

Thanks gang for the great replies. Now I have to go and get a couple of quick thermos before thursday mornin.  I really don't have anywhere to buy a good one. I have to run up Lowes and buy their junk two inch and stick on there. I will stick them in boilin water to find out how true they are before I use them. I won't play any guessin games with poultry.

--ray--

(0||||0)

9. That looks great. Can't wait to try my first.

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Your first brisket now come on Ray. You have been here for along time and this is your first. Un believeble to me a=but it looks like you have been smoking them for years.

11. smokey mo

smokey mo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That is one fine hunk o love my friend.  I have its sister in the freezer waiting the inaugural run of my build.  It will have to get smoked in the little Brinkman if I don't hurry up though. 

Well done.

12. silverwolf636

LOL, my first -real- brisket. The others that I have done were them peppercorn briskets or whatever they are that the wife would bring home.  Another thing is I've learned a valuable lesson when it comes to smokin and that's read read read and most of all -follow the instructions-. Then after you have them two important rules down then you can go out of the box and experiement. LOL

--ray--

13. bearcarver

Yup----Don't let your fowl turn foul!

Bear

14. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Nice Lookin briskey right there.

Look around lowes a lil bit. The one here sells some decent wireless probes for a pretty good price.

Also a lil tip. Lowes has the blue pvc gauntlet gloves That are sold under the butterball brand for $6.95

Same gloves w/ another lable are $9

15. redneck69

redneck69 Smoking Fanatic

nice brisket

16. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

good looking brisket

17. silverwolf636

Call this another fishermans tale if ya'all want but I just cut two half inch pieces of left over brisket and heated it in the microwave with a nice piece of lacey swiss cheese and put it between two slices of wheat buns with a little bit of my bbq sauce. I was in heaven. Woops! No pics.

Where has this stuff been all my life?

Sorry bout the brag but this stuff is great!

I have to include this also and I need to give credit where credit is due. I owe all these fabulous foods, and this 30 extra pounds I've gained,  to the gang at this site.

You all have turned me into a smokin junkie.

Thanks all,

--ray--

(0|||||0)

18. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

That's a nice looking brisket there Ray!

I know what you mean about the weight gain...I've been trying to figure out if this is a pigs foot or a hoof kicking in my stomach!  

19. bearcarver

Ray, We are ALL glad to have been of service! What's 30 pounds among friends?

Bear

20. new2que

new2que Meat Mopper

Yummmmmm