My 1st Real Brisket Finished: Finally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
Here's a pic of my finished product brisket.

After figuring out that I outside thermo went bad it finally got finished. It was a success lookin beyond the problems I had. It was tender, moist and very tasty.

I'm thinkin the only thing I would change is adding more of a bite/heat to it. It was just a little, just a little, sweet for me.

7245b1f2_brisket115.jpg

--ray--

(0||||0)

Say Wolf, congrats on a great looking hunk of Q. It's all good my friend.

Looks Great Ray!

Smells good too. The wind must have been coming due East while you were smoking that Brisky!

Bear

Thanks gang for the great replies. Now I have to go and get a couple of quick thermos before thursday mornin.  I really don't have anywhere to buy a good one. I have to run up Lowes and buy their junk two inch and stick on there. I will stick them in boilin water to find out how true they are before I use them. I won't play any guessin games with poultry.

--ray--

(0||||0)

icon_cool.gif

Your first brisket now come on Ray. You have been here for along time and this is your first. Un believeble to me a=but it looks like you have been smoking them for years.

That is one fine hunk o love my friend.  I have its sister in the freezer waiting the inaugural run of my build.  It will have to get smoked in the little Brinkman if I don't hurry up though. 

Well done.

icon_cool.gif

Your first brisket now come on Ray. You have been here for along time and this is your first. Un believeble to me a=but it looks like you have been smoking them for years.
LOL, my first -real- brisket. The others that I have done were them peppercorn briskets or whatever they are that the wife would bring home.  Another thing is I've learned a valuable lesson when it comes to smokin and that's read read read and most of all -follow the instructions-. Then after you have them two important rules down then you can go out of the box and experiement. LOL

--ray--

Thanks gang for the great replies. Now I have to go and get a couple of quick thermos before thursday mornin.  I really don't have anywhere to buy a good one. I have to run up Lowes and buy their junk two inch and stick on there. I will stick them in boilin water to find out how true they are before I use them. I won't play any guessin games with poultry.

--ray--

(0||||0)
Yup----Don't let your fowl turn foul!

Bear

Nice Lookin briskey right there.

Look around lowes a lil bit. The one here sells some decent wireless probes for a pretty good price.

Also a lil tip. Lowes has the blue pvc gauntlet gloves That are sold under the butterball brand for $6.95

Same gloves w/ another lable are $9

Call this another fishermans tale if ya'all want but I just cut two half inch pieces of left over brisket and heated it in the microwave with a nice piece of lacey swiss cheese and put it between two slices of wheat buns with a little bit of my bbq sauce. I was in heaven. Woops! No pics.

Where has this stuff been all my life?

Sorry bout the brag but this stuff is great!

I have to include this also and I need to give credit where credit is due. I owe all these fabulous foods, and this 30 extra pounds I've gained,  to the gang at this site.

You all have turned me into a smokin junkie.

Thanks all,

--ray--

(0|||||0)

That's a nice looking brisket there Ray!

I know what you mean about the weight gain...I've been trying to figure out if this is a pigs foot or a hoof kicking in my stomach!  

I have to include this also and I need to give credit where credit is due. I owe all these fabulous foods, and this 30 extra pounds I've gained,  to the gang at this site.

You all have turned me into a smokin junkie.

Thanks all,

--ray--

(0|||||0)
Ray, We are ALL glad to have been of service! What's 30 pounds among friends?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky