Mushroom Grits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I was gifted some Mushrooms from Jed bauchjw bauchjw . As always the generosity from the people in this forum is amazing. Was torn between risotto and grits for my first dish. After seeing Chris's dish the other day went with grits.

Sauteed some onion than added some hatch pepper. Added garlic for a few seconds than chicken broth. Brought to a boil and added grits and added a ear of grated corn on the cob.

20220416_162935.jpg 20220416_171958.jpg

Mean while cooked mushrooms in oil and butter until browned than a squeeze of lime.

20220416_174331.jpg

When grits done added some grated Fontina cheese.

20220416_174328.jpg

Added a layer of grits than mushrooms and repeat. These grits where incredible and the mushrooms sent it over the top. Blueberry wine went good with this dish. Thank you Jed. Going to do some more of that mushroom soup.

20220416_174630.jpg 20220416_174817.jpg

I eat grits for breakfast every morning, but just plain grits with butter, S&P. Yours are on another level. They look delicious!
Al

Yeah, I usually think of grits as a side. But man, those are on a whole nother level!
Jim

Grits with mushrooms you say? I say DANG! That looks amazing! I'm making grits as a type this. But just with cheddar and bacon. And this'll be the first time I use chicken broth instead of water.

I don't know exactly what to say Brian. It is creative, fun, and undeniable very flavorful. I am impressed sir. Being that I love grits and mushrooms, that'd have to be an excellent combination.

Robert

Looks amazing Brian! I'm still at gmc2003 gmc2003 previous level of not ever having grits but we also received some mushrooms from Jed's ( bauchjw bauchjw ) mushroom guy...man those Golden mushrooms are out of this world in flavor so I know that had to taste excellent!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
No Thanks!! Looks Great, if you like Grits.
Love the Mushrooms though!!
Grits reminds me too much of "Poi" in Hawaii.
To me they both taste similar.
Sorry.

Bear

Fantastic looking Brian. I'm not a fan of schrooms, but my wife is. I'll have to run this one by her. Now that we're gritty people.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky