Mule's question of what to do with points!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
So you work hard and you are nice to everyone as well as post some good ideas. Along the way the nice people on SMF give you a point along the way. I have been saving points for years not knowing what I was saving for. Then one day my friend Bearcarver suggested I should save for a new Corvette since the one I have is so old. It is a 1968.so I did just that. Here is the newer 2002 C5 corvette. I figured if you are going to have a mid life crisis you might as well do it at 175 MPH!

Thanks for the points over the years.
Happy smoken.
David

Last edited:
Did ya get the checks in the mail yet.

ROTF.gif

Well my friend... Its just beautiful.  I assume you're keeping the blue one as well?

I've had the itch myself.  But could never sell the '70.  And I'm  worried Mrs BD would have me committed if I bought a 3rd car,  

....But man o man does that new ride of yours look nice!  

Brian

Nice! My neighbor has 6 corvettes, and a 2 car garage. Another friend has eight corvettes and two of them aren't street legal. I got to drive one if his from Chicago to Oregon. That was a fun trip, especially in Whyoming where the speed limit isn't a big deal!

Nice, I gunna save my points till I can buy one   Congrats, zip down here and take me for a ride.

Gary

Well my friend... Its just beautiful.  I assume you're keeping the blue one as well?

I've had the itch myself.  But could never sell the '70.  And I'm  worried Mrs BD would have me committed if I bought a 3rd car,  

....But man o man does that new ride of yours look nice!  

Brian

Brian 

Yes the 68 is here to stay as well. 

The 68 will take the 02 in the quarter but I think top end the 02 would walk away.

Their still maybe a 3rd one to come at some point in time.

Happy smoken.

David

Happy to read that. You've put a lot of work into that blue car.  It's truly one of a kind! 

Beautiful 'Vette, David !!
icon14.gif

Nice looking Black 'Vette!!   Looks a lot like my Son's Black 2008.

Just about every Vehicle my Son owns is Black, except his 4 Tower Crew Trucks.

However my Favorite color is Blue.

I sure would miss that Blue one in your Avatar!!

BTW: I love the way you wash your tires!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Last edited:
Last edited:
I bought the wife an '80 'vette a few years back.  It was a four speed, huge plus in my mind, but her legs were a bit too short to compress the clutch to shift and she had to put a pillow behind her so she could drive it.  Shortly after the C5's came out we went to the dealership to take a look at one.  She liked it "ok" but the had a '98 Camaro SS on the showroom floor that she fell in love with.  Needless to say, we left with the Camaro.  Worst part was it was an automatic!

Truth be told, that Camaro embarrassed the 'Vette in every way.  Much more power, faster, better handling, you name it.  I loved that 'Vette, though.  She decided she didn't want the Camaro a few years ago, though.  Decided she didn't want to drive it on dirt roads as we now live about 5 miles to the closest pavement.  Seems to have been a good decision as that thing had a pretty stiff suspension and the dirt roads get some pretty good washboards now and then, along with potholes during the late winter/early spring. 

Though I would have loved to have done the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in it at least once.

don't hate my wife but she been driving Subaru WRX for years and current one is '12..actually faster than the the STI as they have to grab another gear in 1/4.. and still haven't had a problem with the muscle's as drivers usually burn e'm and she's 4x4 and gone......{I may be intruding here but gotta see as i'm new} jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky