Mrs Bear’s Mom’s Day Present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Mrs Bear’s Mom’s Day Present

Well, Bear Jr was at it again!! He was working on this Cabinet off & on for awhile, but every “Mom’s Day” he either takes His Mom some place, or Makes something out of Wood for her, or Makes a Dinner for her, and sometimes it’s a combination of some or all of those things.
This time it’s a Jewelry Cabinet, he made out of “Curly Maple”, with a Woven Walnut Accent Band up the front of the Drawer Fronts. The Drawers all have “Full Extension” slides, and the top lifts up, and the side walls fold out for Hanging Necklaces.
The insides are all lined with Red Suede-Tex.

I’ll explain everything better in the Captions above each picture below.

Thanks for Stopping By,

Bear

Mrs Bear's Mothers' Day Present Jewelry Box, Made By Bear Jr.
Curly Maple, with Woven Walnut Accent Band through the middle of the Drawer Fronts:
0.jpeg

Top Opened. Everything is lined with Red Suede-Tex:
0-2.jpeg

Side Wings open for hanging Necklaces:
0-1.jpeg

Front View:
0-6.jpeg

Inside of Side Wing with hooks for hanging Necklaces:
0-4.jpeg

Drawers are all Lined, with Full Extension Slides:
0-5.jpeg

Left to Right; Picture of Bear Jr with his Dearly Departed Newfy "Othello" RIP.
Center; A Jewelry Box I made in school, in 10th Grade---57 years ago.
Right; Mrs Bear's New Jewelry Box.
IMG_7103.jpeg

That is truly a work of art, John. Excellent gift for Mrs. Bear, and such great craftsmanship from Bear JR.

Very nice!! That wasn't a little weekend project, but took a lot of work and love to create.
Now it's up to you to fill it with jewelry :-)

Reactions: MadMax281
Hey John, Tell Jr, I said he keeps getting better and better, that Jewlery box is Fine, I love that detail

Gary

Is it wrong that the picture with the dog got more attention when I was looking? Beautiful wood work but a picture with a favorite pet, always gets me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky