Just Found My Missing New Year’s Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Just Found My Missing New Year’s Dinner

I don’t get it—Must be Old Age—I can see missing a lot of your Smoke Posts, but now I’m missing my own.
I found these pics, and I looked all over, and couldn’t see that I had already posted this, but it’s from New Year’s!!!
So I’ll do it now—Better Late than Never:
I think everything just got so screwed up, because of having so many holidays all at once, along with the Covid problems, that I got all mixed up, every time I turned around.
For Instance, this was supposed to be for the 4 of us for New Year’s Day, but Bear Jr was working at the time, and didn’t feel quite right, so he didn’t want to take the chance of giving us anything that he might have had. Turned out it was just a cold.

So We had a Pork Roast that Mrs Bear had bought, and as always it had to be made in her Crock Pot, with Kraut for New Year’s Day. That’s the way she has to have her New Year’s Day Pork every year.
So that’s what we did—Started the Pork in the morning on high.
Then later added the Kraut, and when it got up to 200° IT, I knocked it back down to Low.
Mrs Bear made some Mashed Taters to go with the Kraut & Pulled Pork.
I added a little Applesauce to my plate too.

Then over the next few days, I made up a few meals using mostly leftovers from this meal & others. I’ll explain them in the Captions below, above each picture:

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Annual New Year's Day Pork Roast in Crock Pot:
IMG_8204.JPG

Add the Kraut much later:
IMG_8205.JPG

All Done & Very Tender:
IMG_8206.JPG

Bear's First Helping of Pork, Kraut, Mashed Taters with lots of Butter, and Apple Sauce:
IMG_8207.JPG

Roll ready with Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce for 2nd Day Supper:
IMG_8216.JPG

Adding Pork for Sammy & leftover Ribeye Strips:
IMG_8217.JPG

Adding Fried Baked Tater Slices & Broccoli to the Pork Sammy & Steak for Bear's 2nd Night's Supper:
IMG_8218.JPG

Bear's third night's Supper of Open-face Pork BBQ---2 with Jeff's Sauce & 2 with Mrs Bear's Sauce:
IMG_8226.JPG

Putting some Mustard & leftover Kraut in Doggy Buns:
IMG_8227.JPG

Three Kraut Dogs for Bear's 4th night's Supper:
IMG_8228.JPG

Last edited:
If you did or didn't post this before bear it still looks like some tasty meals

Thank You Jim!!
I just didn't want to post this, if I posted it before.
People would think I was getting Old & Senile.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Glad you found your dinner Bear, albeit a bit late :emoji_laughing: Looks like you made the best of it though, as you always do. Happy New Years sir!!

Robert

Glad you found your dinner Bear, albeit a bit late :emoji_laughing: Looks like you made the best of it though, as you always do. Happy New Years sir!!

Robert
Thank You Robert!!
That New Year's Day Pork & Kraut has to always be with the Crock Pot.
She don't ask for much, but that's one of them---Every Year.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great John. Crockpot or not, I'd eat that any which way I could, lol. Great meal, late or early. Nice job.

Nice looking meal John, There are certain dinners that I don't even attempt to cook. Main one being the Thanksgiving turkey. Some battles are better not fought.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
I got a 14yo boy that has a hollow leg. I dont have enough leftovers to make many meals. But its amazing what you can do with them!
Jim

Awesome looking meals Bear. I sometimes have more fun with leftovers than I do with the main meal! Glad you found them, it’s not age, just too much going on like all of us. I’ve started walking to random parts of the house and once I’m there forget why I went in the first place!

Nice looking meal John, There are certain dinners that I don't even attempt to cook. Main one being the Thanksgiving turkey. Some battles are better not fought.

Point for sure
Chris
I was never into making whole Turkeys either, Chris!
However I like making the little 3 pound boneless Turkey roasts.
They're easy & taste Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I got a 14yo boy that has a hollow leg. I dont have enough leftovers to make many meals. But its amazing what you can do with them!
Jim
Thank You Jim!!
I remember those days, but mine's 50 years old now, and doesn't eat here very often.
Rumor has it though, that he's making Prime Rib for Easter, and Bringing it up here to slice it & add Mrs Bear's sides to it. LOL---I'm ready!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
Awesome looking meals Bear. I sometimes have more fun with leftovers than I do with the main meal! Glad you found them, it’s not age, just too much going on like all of us. I’ve started walking to random parts of the house and once I’m there forget why I went in the first place!

Thank You Jed !!
Yup, I used to look all over for my pen, while it was in my hand, but I was relatively young at those times.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great Brother, Pork and Kraut go together real nice
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
I think our families have been eating this stuff since the Caveman Days!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky