Mommy's Day Grilled Porterhouse (New Grate)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Grilled Porterhouse (New Grate)

I finally got to put my new Grill Grate in my Weber “Q”.
I got it for Christmas from Bear Jr, and it should be a lot easier to clean, without all the cracks & separations in the Cast.

So first I marinated the Porterhouse in some Japanese Teriyaki stuff I wanted to get rid of.
Then I fired up the Weber “Q” until it got to almost 500°.
Then I flipped the Porterhouse around a few times until I got it where we like it.
It was a little rare, but close enough, so Mrs Bear carried it in for me.
My First helping was accompanied by Half a Baked Potato & some mixed Veggies.

Then for Dessert, Mrs Bear made us a Peach Crumb Pie.
That was Tasty Too.

BTW: Bear Jr made something (in his Cabinet Shop) for Mrs Bear for Mommy’s Day, but I’ll post that tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

One Small Porterhouse Marinating in Teriyaki:
IMG_7127.jpeg

Replaced my 16 year old Grill Grate with this Christmas Present, and put the Steak on it:
IMG_7128.jpeg

After One Flip:
IMG_7129.jpeg

Two Flips:
IMG_7130.jpeg

3 Flips---Grill marks aren't as dark as usual---Maybe because I oiled it good, because it's new???:
IMG_7131.jpeg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_7132.jpeg

Mrs Bear made a Peach Crumb:
IMG_7134.jpeg

Bear's First Piece of Pie:
IMG_7135.jpeg

A little too fresh yet---Had a Cave-in after removing our two pieces. Well fix that tomorrow:
IMG_7137.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great, Bear. That's exactly how I like my porterhouse: rare side of medium rare edge to edge. And the peach crumb looks incredible. Save me a slice of that.

Bird.

Looks great John. Steak cooked to perfection and that Peach Crumb delicious. That new Grate looks Great!
Is there a recipe for that Peach Crumb? Asking for a friend, lol.

Reactions: 912smoker
Looks like the grates work good bear, steak looks excellant, pie looks great also I'll take care of the cave in for ya.

Looks great, Bear. That's exactly how I like my porterhouse: rare side of medium rare edge to edge. And the peach crumb looks incredible. Save me a slice of that.

Bird.

Thank You Bird!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice piece of work John, I'd be all over that pie, Like! RAY

Thank You Ray!!!
And For the Like.

Bear

Oiling it should actually help with the grill marks, that's a restaurant trick (dredging in oil) for pretty steaks.. It might just not've been hot enough, or on the grate long enough. Crossing it (rotating 90*) as its first movement, BEFORE flipping it, seems to help at least a little bit, too. That side of the steak is hotter/doesn't have time to cool down

Steak looks great and that’s a nice new grate! Mrs Bear sure turns out some nice pies and desserts!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky